Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung 3D BluRay Player BDC6900, networking issues

by NeedDream / August 7, 2010 7:46 AM PDT

I recently purchased Samsung BDC6900 & 55" LED TV, and I am very impressed, minus a couple issuses. I immediately setup the wireless network and gained access to my shared videos on my computer... but in each folder it will only show 19 video files(whereas the Samsung TV shows all video files). As well neither TV nor BluRay player will play MKV files through network, where they both are supposed to support this file format.
ND

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung 3D BluRay Player BDC6900, networking issues
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung 3D BluRay Player BDC6900, networking issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung BluRay Player & 55" LED TV network files
by NeedDream / August 8, 2010 7:17 AM PDT

Correction, both Samsung BluRay Player & 55" LED TV only show 19 files(or folders) within shared network files.

Collapse -
Samsung 3D BluRay Player BDC6900, networking issues
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 9, 2010 1:15 PM PDT

NeedDream,

Are you receiving an error message when you attempt to launch the files? Also, do the MKV file contain a supported audio codec and resolution as outlined in the manual?

--HDTech

Collapse -
MKV
by NeedDream / August 9, 2010 11:48 PM PDT

All i get is unsupported file, when I try to launch an MKV. I have tryed MKV's with different Audio formats and get the same results. Do you have this Samsung 3D BluRay Player or the 55" LED 3D TV?

Collapse -
Networking, showing only some files
by NeedDream / August 18, 2010 10:16 AM PDT

So anybody else running this bluray player or tv and only getting some of the shared networking files showing?

Collapse -
Network problems with Samsung BDC6900
by zircoff / September 24, 2010 10:16 AM PDT

Just started getting some of these errors today after a firmware update. The last version of the firmware required the shares to be identified using the PC Share Manager and this worked fine. Now the firmware sees the shares directly on any of my networked PC's, but I get an unrecognized file format error. I get it with MKV, MP4, and avi's.

Anyway of rolling back the firmware upgrade??

Collapse -
samsung pc share manager
by himmath / November 2, 2010 7:53 PM PDT

Hi,

I have Samsung BDC 6900 bluray player. i have installed Samsung pc share manager on my laptop and able to share all the files needed.

But i tried to install samsung pc share manager on another laptop but when i start application it hangs !..not sure why..any ideas?

regards
himmath

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!