Samsung forum

General discussion

samsung 3d av problems

by harvey560 / October 6, 2010 4:14 AM PDT

I have a 3d 46 inch samsung tv with a 3d blue ray disk player and an audio receiver HWC560S. I have a star choice sat dish receiver connected to the av receiver using analog cables. I tried the dvi to hdmi and had picture but no sound. the receiver keeps defaulting to tv optical3 and i am using sat analog.

How do i get the receiver to default to sat analog when i turn it on. samsung says that theres no way to change the setting. I dont believe it and would appreciate any assistance because the help disk is useless.

I cannot get anynet+ to work and the av rec and 3d bluray are using hdmi connections.??

pissed

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung 3d av problems
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung 3d av problems
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
samsung 3d av problems
by mperson9 / October 6, 2010 5:21 AM PDT
In reply to: samsung 3d av problems

The reason you get no sound when using a DVI to HDMI cable is because DVI does not carry audio, it is video only.

You really should not use analog cables from the dish receiver to the stereo receiver. You should look at using the DVI to HDMI cable for video and then run a TOSLINK cable for audio.

Collapse -
tsolink
by harvey560 / October 6, 2010 5:56 AM PDT
In reply to: samsung 3d av problems

thanks very much, I know that dvi cannot carry sound that is why i used the analog or rca cables as the dish receiver has no hdmi other than dvi to hdmi. I can use an optical audio cable, if i can find one at some local store. I live in northern canada and supply of gear is limited.

I spoke with samsung and futureshop and they both believe the system is defective, It will be replaced tomorrow and i will connect with an optical audio cable, then update this post.

cheers

Collapse -
further information
by harvey560 / October 14, 2010 5:51 AM PDT
In reply to: tsolink

As promised i am updating the information. I had the receiver and the TV replaced because both samsung and the store were convinced the set was defective. Upon setting up the new receiver using the same connections, sat dish using component cables and analog sound cables (RCA) the receiver now holds the settings when turned off and always comes back to sat analog as I suspected it should. The default is now what i want and not tv optical 3 as samsung stated. They were wrong, the receiver will hold the settings and should do so because the only port that is closed is the analog connections and the receiver knows this. THE REMOTE IS JUNK and is the biggest problem with this system. I have requested a new one from samsung after getting a new one with the new receiver...... same problems. The remote just plain doesnt work all the time and settings and volume etc dont change. You have to change it manually on the front panel sometimes and that is very annoying. They are sending me another remote, but stated it is the same one that the system uses now. They need to step up and redo the electronics in the remote to make it function all the time not just when it decides to work.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.