General discussion

Samsung 26" LCD Screen Display Cutoff

I have a Samsung 26? LCD TV and recently upgraded to HDTV via comcast.net.

My screen display overlaps screen edges, i.e. there is image cutout on all sides. I cannot shrink size of screen display so I see 100% of display. I tried remote control P.SIZE button. Best setting is ?Screen Fit? but there?s still image cutoff.

On boot-up I get flash display: - ?HDM1/DV1 - No Time Information (1280 x 720 @ 60Hz).?

I don?t recall this issue before upgrading to HDTV, but Comcast says it is not their problem. What to do?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung 26" LCD Screen Display Cutoff
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung 26" LCD Screen Display Cutoff
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Samsung 26" LCD Screen Display Cutoff

shamrock838,

Are you connected to a box? If so, switch the TV aspect ratio settings to 16x9 and then adjust the cable box output resolution and aspect settings.

The INFO bar that notes the resolution and Hz. is normal - it's the TV telling you what signal is being detected, and this is normal.

Does that help?

--HDTech

- Collapse -
LCD SCREEN DISPLAY CUTOFF

HD Tech,

Sorry not to rely sooner. Been out of town - then I was under the weather.

My S-I-L (son-in-law) took a hands-on, on-site look at my Samsung and improved the picture display to 95% of perfect through a reasonable work-around. I won't bore you with the details.

Thanks for replying in any event.

shamrock838

- Collapse -
LCD SCREEN DISPLAY CUTOFF

shamrock838,

Glad it worked out for you. If we can help further, just let us know.

--HDTech

CNET Forums

Forum Info