General discussion

Samsung 2510 and Epson 86 with iMac intel 10.4

Put new ink in the Epson after not using in long while but it prints nothing. Went back to the Samsung the same day and now suddenly it won't print. Only prints a trial page but when I send something to print it keeps stopping the job. What's up with this suddenly.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Samsung 2510 and Epson 86 with iMac intel 10.4
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Samsung 2510 and Epson 86 with iMac intel 10.4
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
This happened to me (saturday.)

The printer stopped printing. How odd I thought. Wasted about 20 minutes only to discover the USB cable was not fully plugged in along the way.

Hope this helps,
Bob

- Collapse -
This happened to me (saturday)

Yeah I checked that first and in fact used a second one to be sure. Epson's are a piece of junk I think. This is the second one that I have hardly used and won't work. Any suggestions on a new one?

- Collapse -
Sorry no.

Until consumers figure out that most consumer ink jet printers are 2 year devices they will continue to call models junk. The design is cheap, clogs unless used and is made for cost and not for longevity.

If you want to print color and need a longer life span you look at color lasers.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info