General discussion

Safety of buying Monitor on EBAY.

Can anyone tell me if it is safe or wise to buy a Monitor on EBAY? I am looking at the Dell 1905fp. How do some guys have 25 of the same monitor for sale and usually about 30 to 50 dollars less than Dell's sale price? This really amazes me that they can have that many of the same monitor. thanks in advance even if you only answer my first question.
Roy

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Safety of buying Monitor on EBAY.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Safety of buying Monitor on EBAY.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
like anything else

well buying on ebay is buying on ebay regardless of what it is. a monitor, well, this could be some $$$, and could easily get damaged in shipping. is what you're possibly saving worth the possible aggravation? does the seller offer guranteed satisfaction? will they pay for shipping a defective unit back? and do they have a healthy feedback rating?

where these people get their inventory? who the heck knows.

it's always a gamble. i do a fair amount of buying and selling on ebay myself, but something delicate and over $75, not sure I would take that chance, prefer to be able to drive it back to where I bought it. I have a viewsonic I got at compusa that i love.

--fj

- Collapse -
The fact you are asking questions

should tell you something. I'd buy from a company with a warranty and a good reputation.

CNET Forums

Forum Info