Cameras forum

General discussion

S2 IS - Black viewfinder and LCD

by sharonj1961 / September 27, 2010 1:02 AM PDT

I haven't noticed any posts since 2007, but apparently this has now happened to my S2 IS. I just called Canon about the issue and their reply was that the CCD sensor issue was only an issue with the S1 IS and the S3 IS. How convenient. I saw lots of posts with many owners of the S2 IS and what appears to be the same exact CCD issue. Canon, however, seemed adamant that the S2 did not have this issue. As such, looks like I'll have to pay to have it repaired. Did anyone from this S2 posting get any satisfaction from Canon??

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: S2 IS - Black viewfinder and LCD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: S2 IS - Black viewfinder and LCD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
s2is black viewfinder & lcd
by joeh24 / November 10, 2010 9:34 AM PST

my daughter's s2is just developed this problem - our local camera repair shop (advance camera repair in portland, or) says the most likely problem is the shutter for which they quoted repairs at $89 - we're doing the feature-benefit-cost thing now...

Collapse -
My Cannon S2 IS has a black view finder and LCD also
by stampineinstein / September 8, 2011 10:57 AM PDT

When I took pictures with the camera, the images were black also.
I have been reading about this on line and note that the S2 IS seemed to last longer than most but seem to have the same failure. I have arranged to send it in to Canon and did inquire if it is the CCD issue, would it be fixed for free. I was told this was not a known issue for the S2 IS but reading on line it sure seems to be. First, I wish everyone with a S2 IS the best of luck as it is a great camera but if it does have this failure to please report it to build the case.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!