Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

s There Something Weird w/ MBAM Site?

by tobeach / April 5, 2009 2:55 PM PDT

Having just tried 3 times in 10 minutes to update my MBAM v1.35 site was not found (or actually: Timed out at 60 seconds).

Went to the home noted "the blog is down" on front page. The GT500
link for latest defs (manual) show update #1893 when I currently have #1940!!! Also noted no FREE version only "free trial". Clicked the Maj. Geeks link for exe and it ONLY shows V.1.35 as "shareware at $24.95"??

Are they down by DOS attack? Decided to go pay only & not uppdating free versions?? Very confused! All this in the last 20 minutes before this post! Confused Sandy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: s There Something Weird w/ MBAM Site?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: s There Something Weird w/ MBAM Site?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Updates Seem To Be Working
by tobeach / April 5, 2009 4:52 PM PDT

as of now. MBAM popped up error code #706 (0,9) & "data base missing" but search at their site didn't return anything for this code. proceeded to update to #1944 and seems ok now. All scans come up clean (MBAM/SAS/Spybot/Blacklight/Avira anti-rootkit/AVG AV. Weird!! Sandy Grin

Collapse -
It happens sometimes
by Donna Buenaventura / April 5, 2009 7:58 PM PDT

but get fixed quickly after few minutes. Could be their server only.
Happy

Collapse -
Hopefully, Donna! Mind You, New Version 1.36
by tobeach / April 6, 2009 3:01 PM PDT
In reply to: It happens sometimes

was downloaded today maybe they were in the midst of change over at exact time I was trying. Thanks for your reply. As Always, Sandy ;D

Collapse -
Could be Sandy :)
by Donna Buenaventura / April 7, 2009 2:17 AM PDT

Got the 1.36 also using the updater Happy

Thanks!

Collapse -
Went to freee site
by dawillie / April 6, 2009 2:27 AM PDT

Updated to Db 1945 and scanning as we speak.

Collapse -
Thanks, David! That's What I Got
by tobeach / April 6, 2009 3:02 PM PDT
In reply to: Went to freee site

today along w/new version 1.36 auto-installed during update process. Grin

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?