Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Rundl132 microsoft\widows\current\version ERROR!

by osamaazh / March 21, 2007 8:50 AM PDT

hello guys i m having a problem. i did install new xp window but the error is still there. aftar opening my account, the error like this has come."RUNDL132" . "i have compaq despro en series" pentium 3 667MHZ. plz do help me. i m so worrid abt it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Rundl132 microsoft\widows\current\version ERROR!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Rundl132 microsoft\widows\current\version ERROR!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Please tell more.
by Kees Bakker / March 21, 2007 9:04 AM PDT

Could it be that that it's RUNDLL32 in stead of RUNDL123?
How did you install a new Windows XP (clean install, repair install)?
Official and legal holographed Microsoft Windows XP CD?
Compaq restore CD used? Or the Microsoft one?
XP, XP SP1 or XP SP2?
This looks like an rather old machine (about 2001, maybe). Did it come with XP or did you install that later on? When exactly?
When does the error exactly appear?
What exactly is the error message (exact and full text without typos!)
What happens after the error?
Why did you (re)install the Operating System?
How much RAM in the machine?

If this same error appears both before and after a full clean install (including a format) or a back-to-the-factory restore, it most likely is a hardware issue. But I don't think you did. To be sure it's something else and to see what can be done about it, we need the above details. Sorry for asking so much, but your post lacks so much detail that it's impossible to help you now.

Kees

Collapse -
Rundi 132
by osamaazh / March 21, 2007 8:16 PM PDT

Hello, this is same as dat , as i saw "rundl132.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" . aftar opening an account my pc has gone 2 be slow.
aftar installing new window xp(format drive C) , i thought that now , my pc is safe from any error and virus but.... this error doing my pc slow . this comes one time whenever i open my window xp account.

System
microsoft window xp
professional
version 2002
sp 2.

Intel Pentium 3 proccessor
665 Mhz , 256mb of Ram.

Collapse -
rundll132 is a known trojan.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 22, 2007 1:32 AM PDT
In reply to: Rundi 132
Collapse -
rundl132
by osamaazh / March 22, 2007 6:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Rundi 132

thank u very much! the "rundl132" has gone

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.