Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Rumsfeld war crimes lawsuit

by WOODS-HICK / November 9, 2006 6:46 PM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Rumsfeld war crimes lawsuit
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Rumsfeld war crimes lawsuit
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This will only serve to embarass the nation more
by dirtyrich / November 9, 2006 9:26 PM PST

and weaken it. The more we make fools of ourselves, the less other nations think of us, and the less powerful our diplomacy becomes. Then, when we really need to make a point (i.e. Iran), we're going to have to resort to military force.
So, the anti-war groups are causing more warfare and needless death. How nice of them.

Collapse -
Yeah...
by Terry Browne / November 10, 2006 9:37 AM PST

"This will only serve to embarass the nation more and weaken it. The more we make fools of ourselves, the less other nations think of us, and the less powerful our diplomacy becomes."

Like we have been using diplomacy and been respected so far...

Collapse -
to get respect those countys need to earn it
by Mark5019 / November 10, 2006 10:50 AM PST
In reply to: Yeah...

bunch 3rd world wannabes

Collapse -
(NT) and the radicals screw us again
by Mark5019 / November 9, 2006 9:50 PM PST
Collapse -
Horse and pony show :-(
by Evie / November 9, 2006 11:13 PM PST
file the complaint in Germany under that country's universal jurisdiction [AI backgrounder] law.

Aren't there some real human rights violations they can find to focus their resources? Oh, like, say ... Darfur? North Korea? Cuba? Iran? ...
Collapse -
Ah yes.
by EdH / November 9, 2006 11:19 PM PST

Now that we have given power to traitors...

Collapse -
more hyperbole?
by WOODS-HICK / November 10, 2006 9:02 AM PST
In reply to: Ah yes.

or give us a list to discuss

Collapse -
To some extent
by EdH / November 10, 2006 9:10 AM PST
In reply to: more hyperbole?

Not totally.

Durbin. Leahy. Others.

Collapse -
(NT) you are accusing durbin and leahy of treason?
by WOODS-HICK / November 10, 2006 10:38 AM PST
In reply to: To some extent
Collapse -
(NT) Short answer, yes!
by duckman / November 10, 2006 8:17 PM PST
Collapse -
you better tell rumsfeld asap!!!
by WOODS-HICK / November 10, 2006 8:58 PM PST
In reply to: Short answer, yes!

oh yeah, forgot bush bounced his buddy. do you think he sent don a text message?

this 'treason' fantasy, that you agree with edh about, is quite a scoop.

Collapse -
Much less a fantasy than...
by EdH / November 10, 2006 9:50 PM PST

your "war crimes" hallucination.

Collapse -
Do you think
by duckman / November 10, 2006 9:59 PM PST

we have a new king of "mad as a hatter?" gets stranger by the minute

Collapse -
(NT) What did you expect from a Democrat?
by Kiddpeat / November 11, 2006 12:40 AM PST
In reply to: Do you think
Collapse -
no delusions, etc. here
by WOODS-HICK / November 10, 2006 10:32 PM PST

where have I accused anyone of war crimes. you hear and see things that are not there. I did not write the opening post, I submitted it. it was posted before the attention that all media outlets have now generated.

pass this on to your shadow. you boys enjoy your tea party.

Collapse -
You didn't think it was a good idea?
by EdH / November 10, 2006 11:02 PM PST

You didn't say anything against it. You said, "'gone fishing' might have to wait"

That's not a delusion?

There are no shadows. You are perhaps suffering from some sort of dementia?

Collapse -
that does not mean I am for the lawsuit
by WOODS-HICK / November 11, 2006 6:51 AM PST

either. are opinions mandatory now? oh, you do not know who your shadow is, well guessing his identity should take your mind off the dem sweep last tuesday. if you prefer, another analogy would be a student being taught how to drive. maybe caddy? water bearer? you get the idea, unless you are unsmart.

gone fishing, play golf, clip coupons, etc are associated with retirement. get it. if a trial would go forward he might have to spend time with an attorney. pay attention to the word 'might' it is very descriptive.

there are no shadows? then you are living in a world without light that will make one dimensionless, you know form without content.

Collapse -
Not in the mood for your garbage...
by EdH / November 11, 2006 7:07 AM PST

so I'll ignore it. Bother someone else or better yet, go away.

Collapse -
Well
by duckman / November 11, 2006 7:09 AM PST

I bought six bottles of wine (Sutters) so I may be in A mood !!

Collapse -
start another petition, join a chat room,
by WOODS-HICK / November 11, 2006 7:17 AM PST

prove treason or do not reply to my OP or any other posts of mine. call it mutual disrespect.

tea?

Collapse -
Let's put it this way...
by EdH / November 10, 2006 9:01 PM PST

The new Congress is very hot to "investigate" things. Let them investigate these two. Durbin comparing our troops to Nazis; the leaks of classified information rumored to be from Leaky Leahy's office, etc.

Collapse -
start here:
by WOODS-HICK / November 10, 2006 9:41 PM PST
U.S. Senate Floor Statement by Sen. **** Durbin on Guantanamo Bay

June 14, 2005
....... (quote)When you read some of the graphic descriptions of what has occurred here -- I almost hesitate to put them in the record, and yet they have to be added to this debate. Let me read to you what one FBI agent saw. And I quote from his report:

On a couple of occasions, I entered interview rooms to find a detainee chained hand and foot in a fetal position to the floor, with no chair, food or water. Most times they urinated or defecated on themselves, and had been left there for 18-24 hours or more. On one occasion, the air conditioning had been turned down so far and the temperature was so cold in the room, that the barefooted detainee was shaking with cold....On another occasion, the [air conditioner] had been turned off, making the temperature in the unventilated room well over 100 degrees. The detainee was almost unconscious on the floor, with a pile of hair next to him. He had apparently been literally pulling his hair out throughout the night. On another occasion, not only was the temperature unbearably hot, but extremely loud rap music was being played in the room, and had been since the day before, with the detainee chained hand and foot in the fetal position on the tile floor.

If I read this to you and did not tell you that it was an FBI agent describing what Americans had done to prisoners in their control, you would most certainly believe this must have been done by Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime -- Pol Pot or others -- that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.(end quote......) lifting out of context?

(quote):the leaks of classified ***information rumored*** to be from Leaky Leahy's office(end quote)--edh. rumored information? good basis.

of course the 109th congress did not investigate, the republican controlled congress apparently does not think treason is important. they have time to get it started, the session is not over
Collapse -
Durbin doesn't want to remind folks of this. I'm sure he
by Kiddpeat / November 11, 2006 12:45 AM PST
In reply to: start here:

will send you the appropriate thank you message for doing so.

Perhaps you forgot. Mayor Daley was VERY unhappy about this statement. Durbin was almost in tears apologizing within hours. Now, you post it on the internet again!

Collapse -
well captain, you should reply to the person
by WOODS-HICK / November 11, 2006 6:57 AM PST

who brought up the issue. scrolling up might help.

is it bad when the mayor is mad and durbin is sad?

Collapse -
Kid,
by duckman / November 11, 2006 7:01 AM PST

even though you were a Captain, do you find it at all insulting the way that some address you like that?

Collapse -
W-H :: Insults R us...
by EdH / November 11, 2006 7:21 AM PST
In reply to: Kid,

but no one will ever say peep.

Collapse -
"Human Rights" groups...
by EdH / November 10, 2006 9:12 AM PST
In reply to: more hyperbole?

yeah, right.

Collapse -
I know...
by Terry Browne / November 10, 2006 9:34 AM PST

Aren't those groups that keep an eye on human rights just disgusting? Pinkos! Who the hell wants human rights? I just don't get it... Why would anybody even TRY to fight for it? *sarcasm*

Collapse -
Have they explored any of the Human Rights abuses..
by EdH / November 10, 2006 9:42 AM PST
In reply to: I know...

of your heroes?

Castro? Chavez? Hamas? Hezbollah?

Or do they focus exclusively on the US?

Who EXACTLY are these groups?

Collapse -
Human rights
by marinetbryant / November 10, 2006 9:58 AM PST

This is the main one I could find. They are an offshoot of the ACLU.

But note that the Communist front, the Center for Constitutional Rights, is behind this ? and have been since 2004. They are the champions of the terrorists at Guantanamo ? and the victors in the recent Supreme Court decision granting the terrorists full blown civil trials.

http://www.sweetness-light.com/

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever."
George Orwell

Tom

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?