The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Rumor: No Xbox360 Price Drop Because They?re Bundling HDDVD?

by cars4less201 / June 28, 2006 11:43 AM PDT

"This a bit of rumor mongering, so take it with a mouthful of salt. A "reader" tells us his "insiders" say the Xbox 360 could be skipping the $100 price drop because they're going to bundle their HD DVD drive with new Premium consoles. Bundling as in just selling both the external HD DVD drive with a standard console and not making the drive internal, like we excitedly thought when we first heard about the rumor. An interesting theory that makes sense in combatting the PS3 onslaught. We'll see come fall." Gizmodo

If they're really bundling it, I just hope they do it right, and I don't really have to use it like the picture on the article is showing.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Rumor: No Xbox360 Price Drop Because They?re Bundling HDDVD?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Rumor: No Xbox360 Price Drop Because They?re Bundling HDDVD?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
what a deal!
by robstak / June 28, 2006 1:04 PM PDT

that'd be pretty awesome if you didnt already have a 360. that seems like *really* cheap no?

I talked to a pimply guy at EB, he said the price drop isn't gonna happen b/c it's already cheaper than PS3, and I have to agree with him. The whole get a 360 and Wii for the price of a PS3 thing is kinda hard to overlook. Prolly makes best business sense to leave the price as is.

I wasn't plannin on goin hd dvd, but for 100 bucks, hell id do it then!

-ktms

Collapse -
In the other hand.....
by cars4less201 / June 28, 2006 4:59 PM PDT
In reply to: what a deal!

That might be a good deal for the ones that are going to buy it.

BUT, that might be a bad thing for those that already bought it. Imagine a guy that bought it one year ago and now will see his friends paying the same amount for more stuff...

Hum... I don't know about that....

Collapse -
How is that any different?
by frank1220 / June 28, 2006 10:25 PM PDT
In reply to: In the other hand.....

How is that really any different from the guy who bought it a year ago and is now seeing his friends get the same thing for a lower price? That's the price of being an early adopter.

Antemeridian

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!