Video Cameras forum

General discussion

ROYAL CAMERA

by niko111222 / March 4, 2005 5:03 AM PST

I recently ordered a camcorder from ROYALCAMEA and I needed it sooner than expected. I spoke with a salesperson in customer services and he upgraded my shipping to overnight without charging any extra! What EXCELLENT customer service. I today's world, this kind of service is hard to find."

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ROYAL CAMERA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ROYAL CAMERA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
yeah, sure you did
by JohnnyBGud / March 30, 2005 5:02 AM PST
In reply to: ROYAL CAMERA

I just called this place -- what a laugh.

1st Conversation:

Me: Hi, i was wondering about the warranty on the D100, is it a US warranty?
RC: Who was the first company you called?
Me: What?
RC: Who was the first company you called?
Me: Royal Camera?
RC: You called us first?
Me: Yes
RC: Where did you find our link?
Me: Can't remember, somewhere on the web but not through a search engine.
RC: Where on the web?
Me: Can't remember.

I am then placed on hold (without a further word.) After 5 minutes on hold line is disconnected. I call back.

2nd Conversation:
Me: Hi, you just put me on hold and hung up on me.
RC: (chewing sounds) No i didn't
Me: uh, yeah you did.
RC: No i didn't you're a liar there are 400 people at this company.
Me: Wow, you guys are hilarious, i'm really gonna buy from you...
RC: [Shouting over me as i talk] Now, see, I'm gonna hang up on you...
[we both hang up on each other]

The most rude co reps i have ever spoken to -- actually better characterized as abusive. This place is like something out of the movie "Boiler Room" -- maybe actual cameras are shipped, but definitely not for advertised price without BS accessories up sell that obviates the low priced bait. I guess i should be flattered that i as immediately assessed as not a likely ripoff target and just blown off.

In short ? Royal Camera = a joke, on you if you deal with them.

Collapse -
you must work for them...
by Howling Wolf / May 6, 2005 3:01 AM PDT
In reply to: ROYAL CAMERA

...because MY experience was HORRIBLE! The sales person was the rudest person I have ever spoken with over the telephone. The first time I called, he was short with me, then put me on hold without any reason. Then I called back and asked if he was the one I spoke with. He said no, but I recognized the voice. When I asked what came with the D2X camera body (e.g. battery, warranty), he said "whatever was on the (Web's) list." Then he gave outlandish prices for the battery and charger. When I thanked him for his time (don't ask me why...), he continued to be rude and called me a name. I am in the process of upgrading all of my shooters, which includes cameras, lenses and lighting gear. planned on purchasing 5 of these cameras for my shooters, but THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN! If the owner doesn't put stock into customer service, then he doesn't deserve customers!

Collapse -
royal camera
by iem2005 / May 6, 2005 6:56 PM PDT

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!