General discussion

Router Internet Traffic Monitoring

Help!!

Is there a way to capture and log internet traffic passing through my home wireless router?? I have done extensive research and it seems so very complicated!! ... I am looking to try to view internet traffic (websites visited, usernames, passwords, chat conversations,etc.) from an ipod touch wirelessly connected to the internet through my linksys router hardwired to cable modem and home desktop. Here is my current home network config.:

-Famly Desktop with additional external hard drive, hardwired to
cable modem and linksys wireless router

wirelessly connected:

-Toshiba laptop (Mine),
-Apple Macbook Laptop (My Wife),
-Ipod touch (My Teenage Daughter ... she has had internet usage issues in the past, and I am afraid she has recently not been exactly upfront ... I would like to confirm specifics before I accuse and take it away) ... and,
-Xbox 360 (Family)

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I have really been struggling with this.

Thank You.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Router Internet Traffic Monitoring
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Router Internet Traffic Monitoring
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

CNET Forums

Forum Info