Speakeasy forum

Alert

Romney introduces

by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 1:07 PM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Romney introduces
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Romney introduces
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I guess you don't
by TONI H / August 11, 2012 6:39 PM PDT
In reply to: Romney introduces

remember that BO did the same thing when he introduced Biden...............

Collapse -
The more things change, the more they stay the same?
by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 8:59 PM PDT
In reply to: I guess you don't
Collapse -
At least Romney
by TONI H / August 11, 2012 10:34 PM PDT

didn't say "the United 57 States of America"

Collapse -
good point...no he didn't
by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 10:52 PM PDT
In reply to: At least Romney

Not yet anyways....he's only a contender so far.

I'm impressed with his gaffes during his tour from a couple weeks ago.

I think he'll give Bush a run for his money IF he gets elected.

Collapse -
Typical liberal messaging
by TONI H / August 11, 2012 11:13 PM PDT

Conservatives = gaffes (MSM and liberals exploit every chance they get on front pages for weeks)

Liberals = mis-speaks (MSM and liberals ignore completely or laugh them off and back to business of dealing out trash, misinformation, and lies)

How many liberal news shows or websites show that BO made the exact same 'gaffe' when intro'g Biden? Bet you didn't know and had to google it when I pointed it out because the MSM never brought it up.......but I also bet they've been replaying Romney's all day and nite and still showing it.

Example........there was a debate in one of these threads where I kept mentioning the tax increase to people making over $200K, Josh said "no, no....it's $250K", I pointed out that he was wrong and that I was correct because it IS $200K for single people.........he never returned to comment on it and nobody else did either.......HIS 'gaffe', but ignored by this entire SE liberal group.

Collapse -
RE: Typical liberal messaging
by JP Bill / August 11, 2012 11:47 PM PDT

You don't like the messenger?

You don't know the solution?

You've given up watching MSM, ......you're half way there to maintaining your sanity, the other half would be to stop visiting forums with liberal individuals making posts.

there was a debate in one of these threads where I kept mentioning the tax increase to people making over $200K,

Only one thread?...I doubt that....some people get tired of explaining what they are saying...so don't bother responding to your posts.

If you don't get it after 10 responses...you're not likely to get it after 11 responses.

he never returned to comment on it and nobody else did either.

AND YOU never did tell ME how the Tea Party movement would evaluate their results in the election.

You were strangely silent in THIS thread. I'm still trying to figure out how/if/when
the Tea Party movement, which is NOT A PARTY, will try and claim victory, deny defeat or say, we did good for a first election.

As resident Tea Party movement member, I expected you to be one of the first, if not the only one to respond. Once again you have broken my heart.

Collapse -
I didn't respond in that thread because
by TONI H / August 12, 2012 1:11 AM PDT

as usual, it was nonsense coming from you. How can you think they would evaluate 'their' results in the election when they have no one on the ticket since there is NO fourth party called "Tea Party"....there are only three parties recognized to be on a ticket for the Presidency that I know of....Republican, Democrat, and Independent. There IS a Conservative party recognized in New York or New Jersey but only for local/state voting.

The problem with you, JP, is that you throw out nonsense concerning our government when you know nothing about our country and how it works......

The Tea Party movement has already gotten behind Ryan.......in spite of the fact that he voted for TARP and the auto bailout. They didn't like that he did, and there were other politicians on both sides of the party table who were voted out in 2010 who voted for those things, but Ryan was given a pass because those votes came during the Bush Administration and he immediately came out with his Ryan Plan and faced off with BO over Obamacare. The Tea Party didn't get organized and actually become a movement until 2009 AFTER that face-off and after talking with him discovered that he voted for both even though he didn't like a good majority of either bill because he felt that 'something' needed to be done........although he got out-voted by the Dem controlled House when he wanted to change TARP to mandate accountability for the funds. That never happened and billions started flowing out every which way but loose. Pretty much the same thing happened with the auto bailout. The Tea Party also discovered that he voted against the 2009 stimulus bill as did the rest or the majority of the Republicans.

Collapse -
RE: Like I said in another thread
by JP Bill / August 12, 2012 1:33 AM PDT

SURPRISE!!!!!!

We're Tea Partiers!!!

Collapse -
Like I keep saying in all of your threads
by TONI H / August 12, 2012 2:19 AM PDT

You speak nonsense...........I have no idea what this particular post of yours was supposed to convey.

Collapse -
You don't have a political party
by JP Bill / August 12, 2012 4:18 AM PDT

and the words "Tea Party" will not appear on an election ballot.

You have a "movement"

When I hear "movement" I think of "bowels"

Collapse -
Funny, I think of the
by TONI H / August 12, 2012 5:04 AM PDT

same thing when I see your name appear.

Collapse -
I'd rather see you smile
by JP Bill / August 12, 2012 5:16 AM PDT
In reply to: Funny, I think of the

than all those frowns you've been posting.

My post was funny, but it didn't make you smile? I feel sorry for you...not being able to smile.

I used to tell the kids if they keep frowning their face would freeze that way. Did your parents ever try and stop you from frowning?

Collapse -
Did your parents ever try and stop you from frowning?
by James Denison / August 12, 2012 5:18 AM PDT

Did your parents ever try and stop you from frowning?

LOL, by using a belt to place a smile on one's butt?

Collapse -
JP...Please stop trying
by TONI H / August 12, 2012 6:45 AM PDT

You're not very good at it.

I find pleasure in many things....there is no pleasure living under this administration. You may be happy with your government, that doesn't mean I have to be happy with mine. When I see my America come back, I'll be happy again....trying to have a European style of entitlement mentality and "government is the future to living" crammed down my throat isn't pleasant. This is a free country.....our ancestors left Europe for a reason. I don't want to see a reversal of that.

You want a smile from me.......that's ridiculous. I said it when BO was running that if he got in it would be the first time in my politically aware life (since the late 50's, early 60's) that I am truly frightened for my country. This country needs him to be gone. It will be hard coming back, but it can be done with strong leaders who aren't afraid to put their careers on the line in order to do it. People in my age bracket and older know what sacrifice is like, and we are willing to do what needs to be done to save ourselves....we just need to have the ability to do that, and this president doesn't believe in the people. He only believes in his agendas at all costs.

Liberals don't want to hear that I believe BO is evil. They don't want to hear that many people are really afraid of what he is doing and what he's done to our country. Some don't want to hear it because they believe in the same agenda....some believe people like me are exaggerating the situation, some will always believe he's as close to God as they will ever come to because of all the manna from heaven they keep dropping on them and don't want it to end. I can't stop what they believe....I can only trust in what I believe instead, and believe that he can be stopped.

Collapse -
Accountability
by Diana Forum moderator / August 12, 2012 6:52 AM PDT
he wanted to change TARP to mandate accountability for the funds. That never happened and billions started flowing out every which way but loose.

Kinda like the millions (billions?) in cash that disappeared in Iraq and Afganistan?

Diana
Collapse -
Ryan had something to do with that?
by TONI H / August 12, 2012 6:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Accountability

That came out of the Pentagon/budget/Treasury? Wasted money, sure.......am I PO'd about it? Not anymore....it's long over with, but how about the current administration?

And if you're going to veer away and point another finger how about the $63 million that got allocated last year to the USDA....$2M of which was to go to their internship program to hire new interns.....and only ONE intern was ever hired, but the money was spent?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/usda-spends-2m-gets-one-intern-program-fails/article/2504551#.UCgYyKCLnKQ

Are you liberals here in SE EVER going to post anything about THIS administration that pisses you off?

Collapse -
Are you EVER.....
by Josh K / August 13, 2012 1:26 AM PDT

.....going to post anything about this administration that DOESN'T piss you off? I bet you found fault with the Easter Egg roll.

Collapse -
I guess you still can't find anything
by TONI H / August 13, 2012 1:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Are you EVER.....

about this administration that pisses you off? Oh wait....maybe there's ONE thing I can help you with.........he didn't pass Single-Pay Healthcare....lots of liberals are ticked about that one.

Collapse -
Sure, there were things that made me mad
by Josh K / August 13, 2012 2:36 AM PDT

Like that very poorly considered decision to have Air Force One buzz lower Manhattan for a photo op, which caused panic in the streets below. The Solyndra thing was a big mistake. I also didn't really like the idea of bailing out the automakers. My feeling was that their situation was caused more by poor-quality products than anything else, which is why Toyota and Honda weren't in trouble. I appreciate that a lot of jobs were saved but GM and Chrysler caused their own problem.

OK, I've named three. Now give me ONE back, something this Administration did that you were happy about.

Collapse -
You mean that, in a few years, you'll
by Diana Forum moderator / August 13, 2012 10:54 AM PDT

finally quit complaining about TARP?

Diana

Collapse -
Actually
by Roger NC / August 12, 2012 1:52 AM PDT

I don't remember which, but either NBC or CBS broadcasting the news of Ryan's selection, and the introduction, and afterwards one of commentators reminded the audience of Obama doing the same.

This wasn't live, I think it was on the next morning news show as I was getting ready for work. I can't address the immediate response, but on MSM (as I think you define it) it was pointed out.

Shrug, typical mistakes made by everyone during such times, has nothing to do with which political spot on a spectrum you occupy.

Collapse -
I find it amusing.....
by Josh K / August 13, 2012 2:39 AM PDT
In reply to: Actually

.....that Obama's detractors keep trying to make hay out of "57 states," like that's the best they can come up with. I bet even Sarah Palin knows how many states there are, even if she doesn't know which countries comprise North America. Wink

Collapse -
Amusing...yes.
by Steven Haninger / August 13, 2012 2:55 AM PDT
In reply to: I find it amusing.....

By now someone has told him (and he has verified) that there are only 50. Now if we could just get Romney to realize he's not running for 2nd in command all the gaffe comments might stop.

Collapse -
That sometimes happens when you don't rely on teleprompters.
by Tony Holmes / August 11, 2012 11:16 PM PDT

I saw it,with the adrenaline and excitement you make a faux pas.Big deal,he admitted it and gave everyone a laugh.

If I were Ryan I would have played it out and gone for a bigger laugh: "Thank you very much Gov.Romney,if you really want to swap places on the ticket,it's fine with me". Happy

Collapse -
(NT) Or "Next after you, Governor Romney!" would have worked too
by Josh K / August 13, 2012 4:24 AM PDT
Collapse -
Josh...ONE thing
by TONI H / August 13, 2012 4:10 AM PDT

He made the call to the SEAL team to get OBL...........even if he DID have Jarrett talk him out of it twice before he finally ignored her and took good advice from somebody else.

And he can carry a tune pretty good........but Clinton played sax much better.

Collapse -
Several people tried to talk him out of it
by Josh K / August 13, 2012 4:25 AM PDT
In reply to: Josh...ONE thing

Biden was one of them. Sometimes a president has to make those tough decisions and he made a very good one there.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.