Phones forum

General discussion

ROM update

by blacklion213 / March 5, 2007 11:07 AM PST

I have an iPaq hx2755. I have downloaded the ROM update and other updates. One of the ROM update requirements is to be updating a ROM update of a certain version. How do I check the ROM version on my HP iPaq hx2755? Also, I am thinking of upgrading from Windows Mobile 2003 SE to Windows Mobile 5.0. If I upgrade will I need new programs?

Thank you.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ROM update
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ROM update
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: ROM Update...
by John.Wilkinson / March 6, 2007 10:05 AM PST
In reply to: ROM update

I believe you can just go Start->Settings->System->System Information to find out what ROM version you currently have, but I don't have that model in front of me to verify it at the moment.

As to upgrading to WM5, most software from WM2003SE will run flawlessly, but there are plenty of exceptions. Thus, after you reinstall all of the software (remember, updating the ROM results in the loss of all of your files and programs, so back it all up in advance) you may have to do a little trial and error to see what fails. If/when you come across one that doesn't work quite right check with the manufacturer for updates. That is, unfortunately, the only method.

Good luck.
John

Collapse -
re:ROM Update
by blacklion213 / March 6, 2007 4:21 PM PST
In reply to: RE: ROM Update...

I opened my eyes and noticed when a reset is done it shows the ROM version on the flash screen. I also followed your instructions, yup, you were correct.

As for the WM 5.0 upgrade, I am going to wait for a boring weekend to give it a try. Thank you very much for the help with these matters.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.