Question

Roll back the OS . . .

3GS.

Like most people I hate the Map. And the other "stuff" included in the Six are not needed. Sooooo, I wanted to roll it back to the previous OS. I went here:

www.ehow.com/how_7319590_restore-iphone-older-firmware.html

I downloaded the firmware and proceeded to try it. But step 3 didn't work. I held the home button for a 10 count, a 20 count, a 30 count and never got the yellow triangle or the message.

Is there another way to roll back the OS?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Roll back the OS . . .
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Roll back the OS . . .
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
(NT) No help here, gonna cross-post.
- Collapse -
Answer
not signed

It is said that Apple is not signing the packages of any downgraded versions of the iOS software. If you were to downgrade, you would have needed to save your SHSH blobs, which cannot be done after the fact.

CNET Forums