Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

Rogers-Yahoo E-Mail Has Been Non-Functional Since.....

by tobeach / June 17, 2006 3:56 PM PDT

at least June 14th/06 in the Toronto area anyway.
There has been no public announcement and of course they can't notify you by E-Mail.
It appears to function as you send mail & it copies to your sent folder but mail is not received.
I believe this to be related to the Yahoo E-Mail exploit announced this past week.
I have re-sent the mail via Hotmail and it's being received within 2 minutes. Rogers sendings still have not been received after 4 days. Perhaps they're saving it all up and will forward as huge batches or not!
Just an FYI since no general announcement made in press or TV. Happy

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Rogers-Yahoo E-Mail Has Been Non-Functional Since.....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Rogers-Yahoo E-Mail Has Been Non-Functional Since.....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Rogers-Yahoo E-Mail

Hi tobeach,

I don't have Rogers, but Shaw in BC and I am having NO problems at all. I just tested it and my "test" arrived here from yahoo within the minute. Is "strange" it is ONLY Rogers - did you ask them?

Collapse -
Thanks for That Info, Marianne. I Haven't Been Able toGet..
by tobeach / June 17, 2006 4:31 PM PDT
In reply to: Rogers-Yahoo E-Mail

thru by phone as VERY busy. Typically the Rogers Tech do their level best to NOT admit it could be Rogers fault.
After 1 or more hours chasing around the block, they finally say similar to this: " I've just received a notification that our e-mail is down at present. No time for expected repair given but we're working on it. Please try again tomorrow". In fact Rogers E-Mail seems down less often than when I had Sympatico's (Bell). Similar run around.Glad to know it's not everywhere. Happy

Collapse -
Update: Rogers-Yahoo E-Mail Back to Working Normally.....
by tobeach / June 18, 2006 3:54 PM PDT

thru no effort on my part (no attempt at any fix).
I wonder if the worst part of something like this is the inclination to immediately assume it's the fault of YOUR machine or software(which was...working) and to go snipe hunting thru your settings and accounts changing this or that in hope of a fix appearing.
Of course, when you do finally get thru to their tech support (after they fixed their end) it NOW really is your machine that's messed up! Sigh...:_| :^O

Collapse -
LOL - been there done that LOL

glad to hear you are up and running again with yahoo Devil

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?