Speakeasy forum

General discussion

"Rocky Mountain Heist"

A one-hour documentary showing how Colorado has literally been hijacked by four individuals and their supporters...... You don't have to like the source; try listening to the message instead.

http://rockymountainheist.com/

TV listings are fairly sparse but if you get any of these channels, watch it....and learn their strategy for implementing it in other states like Texas and Virginia.

http://rockymountainheist.com/index.php/tv/

New Colorado voting laws put into place: The Denver Post is normally pretty liberal and even they aren't happy with the Dems this year.

http://www.denverpost.com/election2014/ci_26755509/campaigns-colorado-amp-up-pressure-voters-return-ballots

>>>Call and some other Republicans still have reservations about the new law enabling the voting changes, although the most heat focuses on the same-day voter registration provision. It allows citizens to register and vote if they have lived in the jurisdiction for at least 22 days.

The legislature already revisited the law this year and nixed a provision that allowed same-day registration as long as the voter merely intended to live in the area — after a voting stunt last year by activist Jon Caldara.>>>>>

My bolded area shows the actual potential for voter fraud by allowing people from other states to enter the state of Colorado three weeks before the election and register and vote the same day as the election......and then go back to where they came from.

If those people come from a state that doesn't have any elections being held at the same time or they feel their 'home' state doesn't need their vote because their party is leading in it, they are literally tossing their vote into another state in order to 'fix' that state's election. This presents the very real probability of fraud on both sides of the aisle, but more so for Dems because of their well-known 'machine' used during protests using union members being bussed or trucked in from across state lines.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: "Rocky Mountain Heist"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: "Rocky Mountain Heist"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: during protests using union members

In reply to: "Rocky Mountain Heist"

during protests using union members being bussed or trucked in from across state lines.

real probability of fraud

You compare bussing people to a protest to bussing people into another distict/state and casting an illegal ballot?

What do you consider fraud about attending a protest (freedom of speech)?
Collapse -
I'm saying, as if you don't really know

In reply to: RE: during protests using union members

Is that if unions will pay, especially unemployed union members, to bus those into other states to protest, there is no reason to believe they wouldn't do the same, including paying for temporary housing, to get people into Colorado 22 days before an election that is extremely important to them to vote........then take them all back home again.

Collapse -
So the obvious doing of something legal

In reply to: I'm saying, as if you don't really know

is a sign of them doing something illegal. Is that what you're saying.

So, if I go into a store and buy something outside of my area, I will come back later and steal something else?

Diana

Collapse -
As you are fond of saying,

In reply to: So the obvious doing of something legal

Just because it's legal doesn't make it right (companies keeping their money overseas ring a bell?)

Collapse -
But you say that

In reply to: As you are fond of saying,

if it's legal it's okay. Are you changing your mind when you don't like what's legal?

Diana

Collapse -
slavery was legal

In reply to: But you say that

are you saying you'd have supported it then?

Collapse -
I don't support some things just because they are legal

In reply to: slavery was legal

That's Toni's mantra.

Diana

Collapse -
Is one of those things you support

In reply to: I don't support some things just because they are legal

the new Dem law in Colorado regarding coming to Colorado three weeks and one day ahead of an election in order to qualify as a 'resident', then register the date of the vote, vote, and then leave the state again?

Collapse -
Please tell everyone why you figure

In reply to: Is one of those things you support

people that move there 22 days BEFORE an election WILL move AFTER the election.

Collapse -
because they do it every election?

In reply to: Please tell everyone why you figure

They forgot absentee ballot in their "home state"? Or they already did "early voting" (something Democrats love so they can run these scams) in their home state and now invading another to vote around all the counties they can cover in the time allowed?

Collapse -
(NT) ALL Americans are frauds.....except Republicans.

In reply to: because they do it every election?

Collapse -
If there's one thing that is well studied it is voter fraud.

In reply to: because they do it every election?

In the last Federal election a whole 50 cases were found in the however many tens of millions of votes cast. This has been known since Nixon instituted careful scrutiny because he didn't trust Chicago (with reason). Since then voter fraud is virtually non-existent in Federal Elections and nothing you say about how it was 60 years ago or 150 years ago makes a blind bit of difference to the fact that there is virtually no fraud perpetrated, but there are many legitimate voters disenfranchised by Republican scams like purged voter lists. You take the national felons database, and purge every voter with a name like one on the database. If you do it late enough, and close to the election, then legitimate non felons can't gety back onto the voters list in time to actually vote. This has been standard practice since 2000, and may have been standard practice since before then. Only minorities and believed Democrats are targetted in this way. Black voters are purged despite the felon being white.

My favourite from the 2012 election in Florida I think was the black minister whose name was close to that of a white Hell's Angel biker who was still in jail in California. He didn't get to vote, despite the fact that it was proven that the list had been unjustifiably purged by a private group hired to do exactly that by the State Republican Party.

Rob
Collapse -
New info for you

In reply to: If there's one thing that is well studied it is voter fraud.

Collapse -
Do you have figures on this?

In reply to: Is one of those things you support

I never said I was for people moving to the state 22 days ahead of the election and voting and leaving.

Diana

Collapse -
Figures on what?

In reply to: Do you have figures on this?

How many more have showed up in Colorado since the new law is in force? The latest figures are from March of 2014..........there is nothing on the internet that I can find that shows how many new residents there are as of October 13, 2014 and those numbers probably won't be available for a while yet, but you can bet money and win that it will be pretty large across the state.

So you condemn that new law even though it's 'legal'?

Collapse -
I haven't changed my mind

In reply to: But you say that

I'm looking at a completely Democrat legislature and Dem Governor who radically changed the voter law this year in time for this election.........in order to tip it into their favor at the last minute of voting. If this had been a Republican legislature with a Republican Governor, would you be okay with it? If this is okay with you and doesn't constitute 'fraud' or 'fixing' the election, how can you possibly be against voter ID laws in states where Republicans hold the Governor seat?

Collapse -
I never said I agreed with it

In reply to: I haven't changed my mind

I was just pointing out the flaws in your argument. Would you be okay with this if it were a Republican governor and legislator since it is perfectly legal?

Diana

Collapse -
No, I wouldn't....which is my point

In reply to: I never said I agreed with it

because IF it WAS a Republican legislature with a Republican Governor who signed it into law, the liberal Democrats would be screaming bloody murder, accusing them of 'fraud' and/or 'fixing' the vote, and probably suing to stop it with an injunction..........and you know it, Diana.

IF that State turns Republican........please don't start two years from now during the Presidential election acting all 'this is sooooo wrong' and 'the Republicans should be changing that law back' because that would be a little hypocritical, doncha think?

Collapse -
How long before an election

In reply to: No, I wouldn't....which is my point

should a person have to reside in a state in order to be able to vote?

Collapse -
How long should I reside

In reply to: How long before an election

in New Brunswick before you think I should vote there?

Collapse -
(NT) We're talking about the US.

In reply to: How long should I reside

Collapse -
I think Toni is in Virginia

In reply to: How long should I reside

I think they have to reside there for 30 days before they can vote...so IF Colorado had a 30 day period...would she be happy?...22 days...NO...30 days...YES.

Waiting to be corrected on my figures...BUT...what does she figure is a fair number of days for a residency clause?

How long should I reside in New Brunswick before you think I should vote there?

Whatever the provincial regulations are...People voting in other districts in Canada is not on the radar up here.

You'd love it...or maybe you wouldn't.

Collapse -
I have to wait until tomorrow

In reply to: I think Toni is in Virginia

to call my local Electoral Board to find out how long you have to be a resident before you can register to vote in the State of Virginia.........YOU think it's 30 days, but I think it's longer than that. If it IS 30 days, I will actually be disappointed because I believe it should be at a minimum of six months to show you intend to stay here. So far, all I've found is in the DMV rules stating that a 'temporary residency with intent to leave soon' is not eligible, but who in Colorado would admit to that?

Collapse -
RE: I have to wait until tomorrow

In reply to: I think Toni is in Virginia

In order to register to vote:

You must be a United States citizen.
You must be a resident of Virginia.

You must be a resident of the state in which you register and vote. Residence means and requires that your domicile and place of abode must be in Virginia. Your domicile is your primary home, the place where you dwell and which you consider to be the center of your domestic, social, and civil life.

ALSO

Residency Requirements for Voting

The Supreme Court decision of March 21, 1972, declared lengthy requirements for voting in state and local elections unconstitutional and suggested that 30 days was an ample period. Most of the states have changed or eliminated their durational residency requirements to comply with the ruling.
Collapse -
Probably wouldn't even know about it.

In reply to: No, I wouldn't....which is my point

I would be interested the answer to that question as well. How long should someone live in a state before they can vote? Should they be able to vote by absentee ballot in their previous state until that time is up in the current state?

Diana

Collapse -
I answered under JP's post

In reply to: Probably wouldn't even know about it.

and, yes, they should still be allowed to vote absentee ballot in their previous State until time is up in their current state, in my opinion.

Collapse -
But you didn't answer mine

In reply to: I answered under JP's post

How long should a person live in a state before they are allowed to vote. Should they be able to vote by absentee ballot in their previous state until that time is up in the current state? Or would you just not allow them to vote?

Collapse -
I answered you.........

In reply to: But you didn't answer mine

I believe people should have at the very least a six month residency before being allowed to vote on anything within that State....that shows a pretty good consistency that they plan to stay.

And, yes....they should be allowed to vote via absentee ballot for things from their previous State in the meantime.

How long do YOU think someone should reside in a state before they can vote on anything within that new state?

Collapse -
Thank you. Six months sounds good

In reply to: But you didn't answer mine

as long as they can still vote.

I noticed that some states are checking to see if people registered in their state is registered in any other state. If they are, they take them off the roles. That seems a little radical because I don't remember unregistering in my previous state when I moved.

Collapse -
If they can do it.....

In reply to: I'm saying, as if you don't really know

so can you..seems fair...

But you don't feel THAT strongly about the situation?

When are you taking up temporary residence in Colorado?

Perhaps they could hold elections in every state on a 22 day cycle...every 22 days an election in a different state....don't count the votes until ALL states have voted....Wouldn't THAT get the economy going...all that traveling, hotels, motels, restaurants, gas stations.

Perhaps you could just vote for laws/leaders for EVERY state in the union FROM your home state. Since you want to have a say in what goes on in another state. The ballot wouldn't be that long.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

Enter to win* a free holiday tech gift!

CNET's giving five lucky winners the gift of their choice valued up to $250!