Speakeasy forum

Rant

Robin Hood Tax....

by TONI H / July 11, 2012 8:47 AM PDT
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Robin Hood Tax....
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Robin Hood Tax....
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Taxing success
by Steven Haninger / July 11, 2012 9:30 PM PDT
In reply to: Robin Hood Tax....

Of course my schooling was all wrong as all of the heros I read about now have their villainous sides as having primary focus. In any event, I learned about the various reasons taxes were levied...one of which was to slow something down that was legal but not desirable. There seem to be mixed messages coming from Washington regarding whether or not successful businesses are desirable and when that success becomes too much. Out of one side of a politicians mouth we hear of the importance of "growing" our businesses but out of the other side we hear that big business is a villain that needs to be throttled. The speech to be used depends on the crowd make-up and this tactic appears to work. Like I said, all that I learned in school was wrong. That taxing success seems counter intuitive to me is due to my own lack of proper early indoctrination. Happy

Collapse -
We give to various organizations
by TONI H / July 11, 2012 10:15 PM PDT
In reply to: Taxing success

on a global front already....the UN, the IMF, countries directly just to watch that money go to leaders and terrorists, etc. This Robin Hood Tax is going to be pushed as a way to bring down our debt, will instead be diverted to the 'global' front as a way to help 'poor' people in undeveloped countries, and both will be lies in order for leaders of really nasty countries to spend on lavish lifestyles or payroll their militaries or wage war on other countries they want to control and dominate and watch their poor die off.

I'm disgusted with France.....Sarkozy is gone...the man who was cutting back on austerity programs to help his country stabilize and now has a leader who immediately put all those programs back into place. BO will like this new guy much better because they both think the same way....create a country where the majority of the people are dependent on government for their very survival and have global 'spread the wealth' to support the world. I can't understand though how that kind of thinking doesn't get to the obvious end that there won't be any people left with any wealth to take from pretty rapidly. Do you then turn into China or Mexico where the government owns all of the businesses, pays people a small pittance to work in them, and have the country itself have the wealth? That's pretty much what Mexico has done for many years and look how well that's turned out with their people heading to the USA in droves....sending the money they make here back to family or bank accounts in Mexico, and then retiring there to live pretty decent lives that they otherwise wouldn't have. If the USA takes the same route, there won't be anywhere for anybody to go anymore, not even our own.

Collapse -
bible
by James Denison / July 13, 2012 7:34 PM PDT
In reply to: Taxing success

"a doubleminded man is unstable in all his ways"

Pretty much describes a lot of politicians.

Collapse -
It will change the methods of doing business
by James Denison / July 13, 2012 7:55 PM PDT
In reply to: Robin Hood Tax....

It will severely effect venture capitalism and IPO's the most. I think you'd see a shift away from business being formed into publicly held corporations and more toward wholly owned privately held organizations. That means LESS chance to "SHARE THE WEALTH" both due to eventually lower tax revenue and fewer individuals invested in the markets. Most money will gravitate to blue chip stocks and then just be held for indeterminate time instead, a lowered volume of stocks traded daily in the markets. It will put banks more in charge of the financials, (which may be the whole idea behind the plan), since it will lower cost of borrowing money from banks when compared to raising it through selling of stocks. Of course as always, any new increase in taxes, always gets passed back to the consumer, and considering the lower class economics consist of higher percentage of consumption compared to wages earned, like always, it will hit them the most. Trickle down taxation works even more effectively against the lowest income strata than trickle down wealth. That's basically what this will become, a "trickle down tax".

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.