General discussion

Rip DVD to PC then to external HDD

Hi i have some dvd's i'd like to rip to my PC and then put them in my external HDD so i can watch movies in my dvd player.
So help please and if you can explain it the long but save way please do it! I know almost nothing about video formats like .avi... so tell me the the best definition format to watch it in my hd tv.

Thanks.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Rip DVD to PC then to external HDD
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Rip DVD to PC then to external HDD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
easy to do, not sure on the legality

What type of device do you want to play the files on? if it is a DVD player why not just insert the DVD?

If you could clarify what type of device you would like to use I might be able to give you some more details.

A program that I like is called HandBrake, it is free and very easy to use. It will pull in most (not all) DVDs and output a file that is usable on any video ipod (classic, itouch, iphone). It will save a .mp4 file which is a quick time format. Once the files are on the computer you can drag and drop them onto the external hard drive.

- Collapse -
AVI HD...

AVI HD or WMV HD are all compatible with HDTV well... As for ripping DVD, Handbrake or DVD43 will be a good idea as free DVD Ripping program/

- Collapse -
use free dvd decrypter

Use DVd decrypter freeware to rip your DVD.
Download it from http://www.dvdtoipad.com
If you'd like to convert to HD mp4, just download free videora ipad converter.

- Collapse -
Easy Way About DVD to iPad Converter

Now Apple iPad has been launched and over 3,00,000 iPad has already sold by Apple stores. After the days, some major drawback is coming across iPad owners about their lovely and expensive tablet computer i.e. Apple iPad. In which file incompatibility is prime and major drawback. To overcome and resolve this issue http://www.dvdtoipadconverters.com has been designed and available for iPad owners. If you are one of them and looking free download iPad Converter then you are welcome here!

- Collapse -
Plenty of spam.

Locked as the spammers have locked onto this one.

CNET Forums

Forum Info