General discussion

RIP Alexander Anderson Jr.

creator of Rocky and Bullwinkle.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/10/22/2344376/alexander-anderson-jr-creator.html

Anderson came from a family of creative artists and in 1938 started working in animation with his uncle Paul Terry in New York at Terrytoons, the studio that created "Mighty Mouse."

During World War II, Anderson was a U.S. Navy spy, his wife said, and in 1946, he returned to Terrytoons to work full time...

Anderson's work included "Crusader Rabbit," a cartoon series sold to NBC with a 195 episodes. It was the first created specifically for television.

Another cartoon of his was "Dudley-Do-Right," a Canadian Mountie inspired by Nelson Eddy's performance in the film "Rose Marie."

Most notably, Anderson is credited with creating Rocky the Flying Squirrel and his pal Bullwinkle, a moose.

Not just any moose!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: RIP Alexander Anderson Jr.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: RIP Alexander Anderson Jr.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
fractured fairy tales

Always got a chuckle

- Collapse -
Yep!
- Collapse -
"Ruby Yacht of Omar Khayyam"

I didn't "get" that for many years.

A very clever show !!!

- Collapse -
And we didn't get "Boris Badunov"

until we learned about opera.

- Collapse -
My fave was...

the Kerwood Derby.

Few would get it even nowadays.

- Collapse -
(NT) LOL! Hadn't heard that one.
- Collapse -
Here it is...
- Collapse -
The height of silliness...

I think that the The height of silliness was when Durward Kirby tried to sue Jay Ward Inc. for for the parody of his name. Ward replied, "Please sue us, we love the publicity.". Kirby then dropped the suit.

- Collapse -
I didn't know that.

Most people would be flattered nowadays... as long as the parody is not defamatory.

- Collapse -
One of the best ever!!

From now on I stay away from Menominee.

- Collapse -
Passing

"Natasha, I will miss moose and squirrel", surduna -Boris

adios -----Willy Happy

- Collapse -
I remember Crusader Rabbit.

I think it had some of the adult-referenced humor Rocky was known for.

Had to be a college grad to get it all- preferably Wassamatta U.

- Collapse -
And Kirby was the long-time foil of Garry Moore,

CNET Forums

Forum Info