Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Riots all for naught ?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Riots all for naught ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Riots all for naught ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Another Liberal Liar

In reply to: Riots all for naught ?

hurting innocent people?

Collapse -
Yeah, right. Newsweek as a liberal news magazine.

In reply to: Another Liberal Liar

What planet are you guys on?

Collapse -
whats the prob rob you seem upset

In reply to: Yeah, right. Newsweek as a liberal news magazine.

that the usa didnt do anything wrong

Collapse -
How do we quantify the damage

In reply to: whats the prob rob you seem upset

done to the USA and how many servicemen and tourists have or will be killed or harmed because of a what appears to be a politically motivated exaggeration? That's my question, we should all be upset, Democrat and Republican alike if it proves to be the case.

Collapse -
but when its shown we didnt do wrong

In reply to: How do we quantify the damage

will the anti usaers clamor with apoligies,

wont say a word because that would hurt them

Collapse -
Planet? The one with Newsweek...

which tends to have a strong EDITORIAL lean to the left
http://www.aim.org/media_monitor/2566_0_2_0_C/

Newsweek Columnist Jonathan Alter leans left harder than most. Jonathon Alter, "Cop-Out on Class," Newsweek, July 31, 1995, p. 49.
"I'm a part of this so-called overclass -- and so are my bosses and many of my colleagues at Newsweek and elsewhere in the national media. There's no point in denying it."

So too does Evan Thomas, the Assistant Managing Editor of Newsweek who was quoted from "Inside Washington" saying that he "wants Kerry to win" and so "they?re going to portray Kerry and Edwards as being young and dynamic and optimistic," and sure enough the same week (July 18th was the mag's date) Newsweek came out with a smiling Kerry and Edwards on its cover with the yearning headline, "The Sunshine Boys?" Inside, an article carrying Thomas? byline contrasted how '**** Cheney projects the bleakness of a Wyoming winter, while John Edwards always appears to be strolling in the Carolina sunshine."

Newsweek ...
Playing Pepsi to Time's Coca-Cola, Newsweek is generally thought to be slightly more liberal editorially, however they also have a nasty habit of running George Will columns often times.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Tell us where you went to College, Mr Ziks.

Collapse -
Or an honest mistake?

Sorry about the two replies. We are not allowed to edit.

Collapse -
Its very hard for me to believe this:

And the latest account quoted Mark Falkoff, a lawyer for some Guantanamo inmates, as saying that a suicide attempt by 23 detainees in August, 2003 was triggered by guard dropping and stamping on a Koran.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) if true lets get on stamping duty

In reply to: Its very hard for me to believe this:

Collapse -
Riots are usually for naught.

When invited to attend one I always decline. It seems like there are many who are just waiting for any excuse to kill, pillage, overturn some cars and burn things for no real good reason. Someone flusghes a Koran, a cop beats up a punk, a ball club wins the Series...

Thanks, Newsweek, for spreading insidious BS and putting lives in danger, not to mention smearing the good name of the USA. It seems to me this is not the first time. But truth to tell, those people over there didn't like us much to begin with.

As Randy Newman put it, ''They all hate us anyhow, so let's drop the big one now.''

Collapse -
Newsweak

In reply to: Riots are usually for naught.

I hope that they, SeeBS, and all the other fake storytellers get what they deserve for their treachery.

DE

Collapse -
so let's drop the big one now.''

In reply to: Riots are usually for naught.

Can anyone be so stupid as to even suggest such a move.Remember the usa isnt the only one with the big one and for all you know there could be one just on the other side of your wide open borders.Pull a stunt like that and 9/11 will seem like a picnic.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) gee and like canadas doing anything

In reply to: so let's drop the big one now.''

Collapse -
Ummm...

Can anyone be so stupid as to even suggest that I really advocate such a thing? It's a sarcastic song and I was being sarcastic. It's just an expression of my general disgust.

Collapse -
Interesting comments here:

>>>Remember the usa isnt the only one with the big one and for all you know there could be one just on the other side of your wide open borders.Pull a stunt like that and 9/11 will seem like a picnic.>>>>

Are your borders completely closed off so your country is totally isolated from the rest of the world?

The USA has no intention of ever using the 'big one', but in our case, it isn't because we're afraid to. We just aren't afraid to rock the boat anymore and keep turning the other cheek like we did for far too many years and assaults on our country, countrymen, and military no matter where they are located in the world.

Other countries are just now learning that fact of life, and other countries who have also been attacked are now fighting back for the same reasons. Fear is NOT the way to keep the peace, and too many countries have sat back and allowed themselves to become too afraid to fight back. Unfortunately, some countries that have NOT been attacked have NO freaking clue about what that's about, so they are smug in their statements about the big bad USA for doing so.

Tuff........we saw for far too long what happens when you sit back and keep taking the crap and don't do anything about it. One day, other countries that are still sitting back being smug will find that out the hard way, too. Better to take action and resolve the problem on a permanent basis than to let the hits keep coming on a smaller scale as 'isolated incidents' that get larger and larger as the hitters gain more confidence by thinking they are dealing with the same type of diplomatic fear that so many other countries live under. Fear gives them power....action may get bad publicity for a while, but they sit up and take notice that we aren't the gutless wonders they believed they were dealing with and could overpower with thug mentality.

"Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death" is just as apt today as it was when first spoken.......

TONI

Collapse -
That's what happens when the media.....

yells fire in a crowded theatre. When is the media going to be help accountable for it's abuse of free speech. SeeBS did it with Bush. Novak did it with Valerie Plame. The Atlanta media chewed Richard Jewel up and spit him out for Eric Rudolph's work. The list goes on and on. I think it's high time some of the execs of these companies face jail time instead of civil lawsuits for their wreckless behavior.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) (Applause)

In reply to: That's what happens when the media.....

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.