Rant

Rinse Software by Real Networks

I bought Rinse twice.

Because the download did not come through the first time.

I then called real networks in Seattle to solve the issue, they transferred me to India?India said "we do not support Rinse and we don't even have this product", so I took them to THEIR own website and showed them...they couldnt believe it. They told me to call corporate in Seattle.

So I called real networks corp back and said give me my money back for 2 Rinse products?they said they don't handle the money yet as the old company they are buying who developed rinse handles that.

They gave me an email to support at this company (would not reveal the name to me and frankly they did not know it) I emailed them with no response.

I called my credit card company to dispute the two charges and they said, when the bill shows up call us back.

The worst part about this is the two Rinse email downloads DO NOT WORK either. The computer doesn't recognize the formats. I have attached at the bottom, what the emails said and you will see for yourself.

This is BS. I want my 39.00 back two times and never want to hear about Rinse again or REAL NETWORKS! See below the download that was sent...what a joke:

TidySongs Newsletter E-mail Template #outlook a{ padding:0; /*@editable*/color:#731956; /*@editable*/font-weight:normal; /*@editable*/text-decoration:none; } body{ width:100% !important; } .ReadMsgBody{ width:100%; } .ExternalClass{ width:100%; } body{ -webkit-text-size-adjust:none; } body{ margin: 50px 0 0 0; padding:0; } img{ border:0; outline:none; text-decoration:none; } #backgroundTable{ height:100% !important; margin:0; padding:0; width:100% !important; } /* @tab Page @section background color @tip Set the background color for your email. You may want to choose one that matches your company's branding. @theme page */ body,#backgroundTable{ /*@editable*/background-color:#FFFFFF; } /* @tab Page @section email border @tip Set the border for your email. */ #templateContainer{ /*@editable*/border:0px solid #DDDDDD; } .a, a:link, a:visited { /*@editable*/color:#731956; /*@editable*/font-weight:normal; /*@editable*/text-decoration:none; } /* @tab Page @section heading 1 @tip Set the styling for all first-level headings in your emails. These should be the largest of your headings. @style heading 1 */ h1,.h1{ margin: 25px 0 10px 28px; font-size: 21px; color: #71cac6; } /* @tab Page @section heading 2 @tip Set the styling for all second-level headings in your emails. @style heading 2 */ h2,.h2{ /*@editable*/color:#202020; /*@editable*/display:block; /*@editable*/ /*@editable*/font-size:30px; /*@editable*/font-weight:bold; /*@editable*/line-height:100%; /*@editable*/margin-top:0; /*@editable*/margin-right:0; /*@editable*/margin-bottom:10px; /*@editable*/margin-left:0; /*@editable*/text-align:left; } /* @tab Page @section heading 3 @tip Set the styling for all third-level headings in your emails. @style heading 3 */ h3,.h3{ margin: 0 0 25px 28px; font-size: 16px; color: #4d4d4d; font-weight: bold; } /* @tab Page @section heading 4 @tip Set the styling for all fourth-level headings in your emails. These should be the smallest of your headings. @style heading 4 */ h4,.h4{ /*@editable*/color:#202020; /*@editable*/display:block; /*@editable*/ /*@editable*/font-size:22px; /*@editable*/font-weight:bold; /*@editable*/line-height:100%; /*@editable*/margin-top:0; /*@editable*/margin-right:0; /*@editable*/margin-bottom:10px; /*@editable*/margin-left:0; /*@editable*/text-align:left; } /* @tab Header @section preheader style @tip Set the background color for your email's preheader area. @theme page */ #templatePreheader{ /*@editable*/background-color:#3487bd; } /* @tab Header @section preheader text @tip Set the styling for your email's preheader text. Choose a size and color that is easy to read. */ .preheaderContent div{ /*@editable*/color:#8ac5ec; /*@editable*/ /*@editable*/font-size:10px; /*@editable*/line-height:100%; /*@editable*/text-align:left; } /* @tab Header @section preheader link @tip Set the styling for your email's preheader links. Choose a color that helps them stand out from your text. */ .preheaderContent div a:link,.preheaderContent div a:visited,.preheaderContent div a .yshortcuts { /*@editable*/color:#731956; /*@editable*/font-weight:normal; /*@editable*/text-decoration:none; } /* @tab Header @section header style @tip Set the background color and border for your email's header area. @theme header */ #templateHeader{ /*@editable*/background-color:#e6e6e6; /*@editable*/border-bottom:0; } /* @tab Header @section header text @tip Set the styling for your email's header text. Choose a size and color that is easy to read. */ .headerContent{ /*@editable*/color:#202020; /*@editable*/ /*@editable*/font-size:34px; /*@editable*/font-weight:bold; /*@editable*/padding:0; margin: 0; } /* @tab Header @section header link @tip Set the styling for your email's header links. Choose a color that helps them stand out from your text. */ .headerContent a:link,.headerContent a:visited,.headerContent a .yshortcuts { /*@editable*/color:#731956; /*@editable*/font-weight:normal; /*@editable*/text-decoration:none; } /* @editable */ #headerImage{ /*@editable*/height:auto; /*@editable*/max-width:600px !important; } /* @tab Body @section body style @tip Set the background color for your email's body area. */ #templateContainer,.bodyContent{ /*@editable*/background-color:#e6e6e6; } /* @tab Body @section body text @tip Set the styling for your email's main content text. Choose a size and color that is easy to read. @theme main */ .bodyContent div{ /*@editable*/color:#000000; /*@editable*/ /*@editable*/font-size:13px; /*@editable*/line-height:150%; /*@editable*/text-align:left; } .bodyContent .appBackground { } .bodyContent p { /*@editable*/color:#4d4d4d; /*@editable*/ /*@editable*/font-size:12px; margin: 0 0 15px 28px; width: 275px; } .bodyContent .purchaseCode { /*@editable*/color:#ee3124; font-weight: bold; } .bodyContent .closureText { color: #71cac6; font-size: 21px; font-weight: bold; } .bodyContent .endParagraph { margin-bottom: 45px; } /* @tab Body @section body link @tip Set the styling for your email's main content links. Choose a color that helps them stand out from your text. */ .bodyContent div a:link,.bodyContent div a:visited,.bodyContent div a .yshortcuts { /*@editable*/color:#731956; /*@editable*/font-weight:normal; /*@editable*/text-decoration:none; } /* @editable */ .bodyContent img{ /*@editable*/display:inline; } /* @tab Columns @section left column text @tip Set the styling for your email's left column text. Choose a size and color that is easy to read. */ .leftColumnContent{ /*@editable*/background-color:#FFFFFF; } /* @tab Columns @section left column text @tip Set the styling for your email's left column text. Choose a size and color that is easy to read. */ .leftColumnContent div{ /*@editable*/color:#505050; /*@editable*/ /*@editable*/font-size:14px; /*@editable*/line-height:150%; /*@editable*/text-align:left; } /* @tab Columns @section left column link @tip Set the styling for your email's left column links. Choose a color that helps them stand out from your text. */ .leftColumnContent div a:link,.leftColumnContent div a:visited,.leftColumnContent div a .yshortcuts { /*@editable*/color:#731956; /*@editable*/font-weight:normal; /*@editable*/text-decoration:none; } /* @editable */ .leftColumnContent img{ /*@editable*/display:inline; } /* @tab Columns @section center column text @tip Set the styling for your email's center column text. Choose a size and color that is easy to read. */ .centerColumnContent{ /*@editable*/background-color:#FFFFFF; } /* @tab Columns @section center column text @tip Set the styling for your email's center column text. Choose a size and color that is easy to read. */ .centerColumnContent div{ /*@editable*/color:#505050; /*@editable*/ /*@editable*/font-size:14px; /*@editable*/line-height:150%; /*@editable*/text-align:left; } /* @tab Columns @section center column link @tip Set the styling for your email's center column links. Choose a color that helps them stand out from your text. */ .centerColumnContent div a:link,.centerColumnContent div a:visited,.centerColumnContent div a .yshortcuts { /*@editable*/color:#731956; /*@editable*/font-weight:normal; /*@editable*/text-decoration:none; } /* @editable */ .centerColumnContent img{ /*@editable*/display:inline; } /* @tab Columns @section right column text @tip Set the styling for your email's right column text. Choose a size and color that is easy to read. */ .rightColumnContent{ /*@editable*/background-color:#FFFFFF; } /* @tab Columns @section right column text @tip Set the styling for your email's right column text. Choose a size and color that is easy to read. */ .rightColumnContent div{ /*@editable*/color:#505050; /*@editable*/ /*@editable*/font-size:14px; /*@editable*/line-height:150%; /*@editable*/text-align:left; } /* @tab Columns @section right column link @tip Set the styling for your email's right column links. Choose a color that helps them stand out from your text. */ .rightColumnContent div a:link,.rightColumnContent div a:visited,.rightColumnContent div a .yshortcuts { /*@editable*/color:#731956; /*@editable*/font-weight:normal; /*@editable*/text-decoration:none; } /* @editable */ .rightColumnContent img{ /*@editable*/display:inline; } /* @tab Footer @section footer style @tip Set the background color and top border for your email's footer area. @theme footer */ #templateFooter{ /*@editable*/background-color:#FDFDFD; /*@editable*/border-top:0; } /* @tab Footer @section footer text @tip Set the styling for your email's footer text. Choose a size and color that is easy to read. @theme footer */ .footerContent div{ /*@editable*/color:#707070; /*@editable*/ /*@editable*/font-size:12px; /*@editable*/line-height:125%; /*@editable*/text-align:left; } /* @tab Footer @section footer link @tip Set the styling for your email's footer links. Choose a color that helps them stand out from your text. */ .footerContent div a:link,.footerContent div a:visited,.footerContent div a .yshortcuts { /*@editable*/color:#731956; /*@editable*/font-weight:normal; /*@editable*/text-decoration:none; } /* @editable */ .footerContent img{ /*@editable*/display:inline; } /* @tab Footer @section social bar style @tip Set the background color and border for your email's footer social bar. @theme footer */ #social{ /*@editable*/background-color:#ffffff; /*@editable*/border:0; } /* @tab Footer @section social bar style @tip Set the background color and border for your email's footer social bar. */ #social div, #social p{ /*@editable*/text-align:center; } #social p{ /*@editable*/ font-size: 10px; color: #808080; margin: 20px 0 0 0; } /* @tab Footer @section utility bar style @tip Set the background color and border for your email's footer utility bar. @theme footer */ #utility{ /*@editable*/background-color:#ffffff; /*@editable*/border:0; } /* @tab Footer @section utility bar style @tip Set the background color and border for your email's footer utility bar. */ #utility div{ /*@editable*/text-align:center; } /* @editable */ #monkeyRewards img{ /*@editable*/max-width:190px; } #templateContainer,.bodyContent{ background-color:#e6e6e6; } body,#backgroundTable{ background-color:#ffffff; } .preheaderContent div a:link,.preheaderContent div a:visited,.preheaderContent div a .yshortcuts{ color:#731956; } h1,.h1{ font-size:18px; } Hi there, Thank you for purchasing Rinse, the smartest way to organize and repair your iTunes library. We hope you enjoy using it as much as we enjoyed making it. Below is your Purchase Code for unlocking the program. Please save this email

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Rinse Software by Real Networks
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Rinse Software by Real Networks
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Just a note.

When I dispute a charge it's taken up to 6 months to get the money credited.

KEEP AT IT!

- Collapse -
Rinse by RealNetworks - We want to help

Hello Boosdyke,

My name is Claudia with RealNetworks' customer support. I'm sorry for your experience. I understand your frustration and want to help. You can send me an email directly at lowmanc@real.com with your contact information and I'll take care of any outstanding issues that you have.

There is no excuse for your experience but so that you understand, as a new product Rinse customer support is available via email by a separate team which specializes on this product. Obviously we have some work to do to make sure everyone knows how to properly route future Rinse support customers. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I hope you'll give us another chance to matter a better impression. Again, please contact me at lowmanc@real.com so that I can help you.

Sincerely,

Claudia Lowman

CNET Forums