Question

Right side of earphones won't work - Note 10.1 2014 Edition

The night before last I was watching a video on my note 10.1, then all of a sudden the sound went out in my right earphone. I thought there was a glitch in the earphones but I tried using them with other devices and they worked just fine. I also tried using another pair of earphones with my tablet and it did the same thing with the other earphones. I was told by Samsung that it was the hardware and that I would have to ship it out for repairs. But I wanted to know if there was something I could do myself to avoid having to send my tablet out and also to avoid the repair fee.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Right side of earphones won't work - Note 10.1 2014 Edition
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Right side of earphones won't work - Note 10.1 2014 Edition
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Same diagnosis from me.

I've lost count of failed jacks in so many devices. As to self repair this is not how to learn how to solder. The first solder work I see from those learning usually destroy the boards. That's why we use practice boards.

Why not some Bluetooth earphones?

- Collapse -
Thank you

Thank you for the help, I am so glad you bought up the thought of wireless earphones, that is the route I am going to go for now. I didn't even think about that! Do you think getting it repaired is worth it or do you think I should stick to the wireless headphones?
Thank you again!

- Collapse -
Sorry but I can't answer if it's worth it.

I don't know the cost to repair so I can't compare it to replacement costs.

CNET Forums