Attention: The forums are currently placed on Read Only.

Thank you for visiting the CNET forums. Our site is currently undergoing some maintenance. During this period (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT,) you can read the forums content, however posting in the forum will not be available. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Speakeasy forum

General discussion

RFID COMBINED W/ SURVEILLANCE CAM

by elsakohl / June 22, 2008 10:24 AM PDT

Have you ever noticed how many surveillance cameras are at the drug stores? It can practically read your private info on the PC screens while it can flash your face at the same time when getting some drugs. People are fooled by the thought that surveillance cameras can be their protection while it could be a real threat to us. It is a convenient gadget for those who are after your vulnerable personal data. The drug stores sell personal data left and right anyway while the surveillance video records your face and medical records. The worst part is that the people who has easy access to surveillance videos can tag a person who carries a credit card, phone, car, black box that are chipped with RFID. The disturbing fact is who will be monitoring them? There is no authority that controls these people who abuse their power to manipulate people?s private data and bully whoever falls out of their taste if they want to.

Discussion is locked
Collapse -
Have you ever seen these pictures and videos
by Steven Haninger / June 22, 2008 10:44 AM PDT

on the TV news showing criminal activity in action? Can you see much detail in these? Could you tell a person eye color shown in the video. If a robbery note was being shown, could you read it? Do you think that you'd be able to see a name and credit card #? As of now, these hidden cameras can't offer that sort of resolution but that could come. You're more likely to be victimized by someone with a cell phone camera that's withing 2 feet of you. You probably already know that when you use your ATM....day or night....your transaction is being video recorded. How do I know this? It saved me about 300 bucks one time when the machine got my withdrawal money stuck on the way out and just pulled it back in but docked my account anyway. It was the video evidence that showed my presence and got my account credited. I'm glad it was there. You'll never run out of things to worry about...most of which won't come to pass. Fear is the biggest cause today of paralysis.

Collapse -
I hear a ski mask works pretty good.
by James Denison / June 22, 2008 10:51 AM PDT

Of course unless you're a muslim woman, you might get arrested.

Collapse -
And your shoes too.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 23, 2008 1:01 AM PDT
Collapse -
If only we were all so paranoid.....
by caktus / June 24, 2008 12:59 PM PDT

....we'd probably always be prepared to fight six different wars, in six different locations around the Globe with both hands tied behind our back. Devil

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!