Question

Rewiring a Screen

I'm posting this here because I'm sure some of the Gear Heads on here who are much more knowledge than I am may be able to help me.

I have an old LG Dare. I wanna to make something similar to a backup camera

(I'm making my own Night Vision headset for out door sports)

I want to take the LCD Out of my old, LG Dare cell phone, wire it to a small/cheap camera.

In theory:

Battery pack switch is turned on, my IR LED's will power up, screen will power up, camera will power up, video will be transmitted from camera to Screen.

I don't think there is an IR filter in the cell phone camera, but at this point, i broke that camera Sad ) I wanted to try to salvage the screen and redesign the project slightly and was wondering if anyone here might be able to help me get this screen wired to a camera

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Rewiring a Screen
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Rewiring a Screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Bad news.

What you discover is that if you ask, it is likely to not be possible. That is, if it was possible you would use google to find the details. http://www.sparkfun.com/categories/147 is full of these little displays and almost none of them accept the usual video signal.
Bob

- Collapse -
Bad news to buy other's products?

I'm not sure why I'm coming up as Anonymous, but you haven't resolved my problem really. You just directed me to a site to buy products.

- Collapse -
For the price to resolve your problem.

You can purchase a backup camera and display.

I'm sure some members till be upset about this and claim this is not helping. The link I gave has displays, and some data sheets to show what you are getting into.

With all apologies in advance it appears you are not prepared to do the research, get a microcontoller board, craft circuits and write code to make this work.

My advice is to go get what you want.
Bob

CNET Forums