Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

reviews of Cd burning software?

is there a recommended site that has up to date reviews on available DVD creating and disk burning software?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: reviews of Cd burning software?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: reviews of Cd burning software?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: reviews of Cd burning software?

In reply to: reviews of Cd burning software?

I use a variety of them and can't write that one stands head and shoulders above the other. Your post neglected to supply any criteria that would make one standout.

I do want to mention a few burners you can look up on google.com which I use from time to time. CDBURNERXP (works on 98, 2000, ME, XP, etc.), KNOPPIX and K3b (does DVD now), and DVDSHRINK.

Why your criteria matters is that some need command line DVD creation. Which would not be covered in any review I've seen.

Hope this helps,

Bob

Collapse -
Re: reviews of Cd burning software?

In reply to: reviews of Cd burning software?

As Bob indicated it depends on what you want to do. I too use a variety of programs to accomplish what I want/need. My burning software is "Nero express" comes with the dvd drive. Beside what Bob suggested, I also have "MyDVD" and "DVDcopy" and "Dr Divx Pro". I can't go into the advantages or short coming of each (it would take too long.

Collapse -
Re: video to DVD?

In reply to: Re: reviews of Cd burning software?

Thank you for yor replies regarding CDs. I also want to burn video to DVD. I have Dell 4600 , win XP. TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E [CD-ROM drive]. The computer came with Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 basic. I also have My DVD Deluxe 5.2(no Record Now)

I capture video from my analog video camera via Pinnacle PCTV, import files into My DVD , edit them and burn using My DVD . It takes for ever .I was wondering if there is a better , more versatile software to use to burn ( and if it has good video editing features so much the better)

I need it to be as widely compatible with DVD players as possible as I give recorded video to family members.

Collapse -
Re: video to DVD? = Takes a lot of time.

In reply to: Re: video to DVD?

There are ways to speed it up, but here's the formula.

Raw CPU SPEED, plenty RAM = lower times.

It's not the recording software...

Bob

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.