Cameras forum

General discussion

review of Fuji F-30FD

Has anyone seen a review of this camera and is it worth the extra money over the Fuji F-30

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: review of Fuji F-30FD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: review of Fuji F-30FD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Fujifilm F31fd

In reply to: review of Fuji F-30FD

The Fujifilm F31fd does not appear to add anything to the F30 except "Face Detection".

I believe Nikon was the first camera maker that came out with Face Detection about two years ago.

Face Detection appears to be an interesting "gee whiz" feature.
But hardly necessary.
Most people will not use it.

I have not seen any reviews for the F31fd, but here is the press release:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0609/06092501fujif31fd.asp

Right now Fujifilm is offering a $50 mail-in rebate on the F30, which is more valuable than Face Detection.

http://www.fujifilmrebates.com/orstore/productsearch.aspx?categoryid=

Collapse -
review of F31-FD

In reply to: Fujifilm F31fd

Doesn't this camera also have a new chip besides the new face detection. Money is always an object but basically I'm trying to buy the right features, manual controls some, low light, good picture quality,good flash, good movie options, small size, I've kind of decided on F-30 but a new camera should be a step up, right, hopefully she'll keep this for a few years.I'm confused by trying to buy the right cameras?

Collapse -
Fujifilm

In reply to: review of F31-FD

As best as I can tell from the information that Fujifilm has released, the F31fd is identical to the F30, except that it has face detection.

They have added face detection to a few other models too.

If by "new chip", you mean the CCD sensor; it appears to be the same as the F30. So, low light performance should be the same.

Collapse -
F30 on sale at Circuitcity.com

In reply to: Fujifilm

I found online at www.circuitcity.com the F30 for $280.00 with free shipping and it has a $50 rebate, making the camera $230.00.

I am leaning towards buying the F30 over the Canon SD700 IS.

Collapse -
F30 on sale on line

In reply to: F30 on sale at Circuitcity.com

I went to price grabber and read reviews and they wern't nice on circuit city as far as the ones I read, some places on line were cheaper , circuit city didn't have all 3, I bought the F 30 I'm sure it will be great, where is the best places to buy accessories and cards?

Collapse -
Me too!

In reply to: F30 on sale on line

I bought the F30 at circuit city too. I did see some cheaper, but I read so many bad things about the lowest price ones, that I figured Circuit City would be best, because I could return it to one of the stores near me if anything went wrong or if i did no like it. The stores did not carry it and the special was web only, so i took the plunge. I was happy to see that CC shipped mine today, that was only one day after ordering and tracking was through Fed Ex w/tracking#.. Said I should receive it by 12/8.. That is better than I had expected. I will let you know how it goes, I also bought a SanDisk 1gb card at the same time through CC for $49.99.

I could not make up my mind on cameras, so I ordered the Canon SD700IS from Costco as well. I should get that on 12/7...

I will see which one I like best and let ya know. Happy Holidays

Collapse -
pdxmatts good info

In reply to: Me too!

I figured a review with all 5 stars would be ok,we will find out, none of these cameras are for me there all for wife and kids, so the photography student has Fuji f-30( plus she will have her own card for moms)Canon SD800Is for Senior, Mom,Sony DSC H-5B for wife and either HP R827 with waterproof case or Olympus 710 for youngest,the snowboarder,or another if someone can recommend one, the Olympus gets good and bad reviews so I cn't pull the trigger, I get money off on HP through work, need good all in one printer for college now and cards, thanks for the info on your card and camera, that gave me a good comparison, also I saw later circuit city had all 3 but slightly higher, hopefully I bought from a good place

Collapse -
A General opinion and suggestion on where to buy.

In reply to: pdxmatts good info

As far as Digital cameras are concerned "The" place to check out and buy without doubt is B&H Photo.. They are really professional in terms of cameras and electronic stuff and their price is very competitive..

Collapse -
Where to Buy

In reply to: A General opinion and suggestion on where to buy.

I'll check them out for my last camera and for my memory cards, cases etc. thanks, any opinion on HP or Olympus or other cameras?

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.