The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

REVIEW -- HTC EVO 4G via Sprint

by Technymph / August 5, 2010 5:52 AM PDT

Hello to all. I have received many requests for feedback on the HTC EVO phone. I just received mine three weeks ago.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: REVIEW -- HTC EVO 4G via Sprint
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: REVIEW -- HTC EVO 4G via Sprint
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
REVIEW 2 -- HTC EVO 4G via Sprint
by Technymph / August 5, 2010 5:56 AM PDT

The jack for the chargers appears to be defective. It became dislodged after only 3 weeks. Sprint will not accept responsibility.

Collapse -
REVIEW 3 -- HTC EVO 4G via Sprint
by Technymph / August 5, 2010 5:58 AM PDT

All Sprint stores is not corporate-owned. Most are independent dealers and if your phone was not purchased there, they will not help. You may want to wait on the Evo until bugs are worked out.

Collapse -
REVIEW 4 -- HTC EVO 4G via Sprint
by Technymph / August 5, 2010 6:00 AM PDT

I will be fighting to return mine to corporate. Also, the battery life is VERY short. Beware of the new EVO - and don't sign with Sprint. Their customer service is horrible. I wasted 45 mins with 7 diff. agents with no resolution.

Collapse -
REVIEW 5 -- HTC EVO 4G via Sprint
by Technymph / August 5, 2010 6:04 AM PDT

FYI, Technymph here again... BTW, I HAVE the phone insurance and the phone is still under warranty, and they refuse to replace my phone without paying $100 deductible via insurance and warranty will send remanufactured phone only. I will need to contact my credit card company to dispute.

Collapse -
REVIEW 6 -- HTC EVO 4G via Sprint
by Technymph / August 5, 2010 6:08 AM PDT

The HTC EVO is back-ordered, so receiving a new phone right away is probably not going to be an option right away per corporate. Does anyone have suggestions on how a problem like this can be addressed when you need your phone every day for business purposes?

Collapse -
What's the battery life with 4G off?
by Nicholas Buenk / August 5, 2010 11:35 AM PDT

Sprint 4G is very unimpressive and only 10mbit anyway. T-Mobile's 21mbit HDPA is going to zoom past it.

Collapse -
Battery life with 4G off
by Technymph / August 6, 2010 12:19 AM PDT

I have my 4G off because there is no 4G service yet in the Tampa Bay area, so 4G is unimpressive until there is service here. So, the battery life is less than a day with it off and if you are using apps, it is much less. I would wait on the HTC EVO. New product, issues with charger jack, short battery life to name a few reasons.

Collapse -
What smart phone lasts a day?
by Nicholas Buenk / August 6, 2010 7:28 AM PDT

The iPhone lasts around 5 hours if you're continually using it for 3G data. Not any other phones do much better.
iPad will last 10 hours with web use. I want a phone that does that!

Collapse -
Just got mine...
by paintguru / August 6, 2010 10:37 AM PDT

I'm enjoying it thus far. Much improved over my crappy Pre.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.