Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Reverse Speech

by MarciaB / August 22, 2006 8:28 AM PDT

Ran across this website while just surfing around. It states it is the official website for Reverse Speech Technologies. Not real sure about all the claims made for what it's all about, but it is kind of interesting in an "I'm bored" sort of way. Happy

http://www.reversespeech.com/words_of_creation.htm
----------------------------------------
(an excerpt from the home page):
If human speech is recorded and played backwards, mixed amongst the gibberish at regular intervals can be heard very clear statements. These statements usually appear in short sentence form and are nearly always related to the forward speech. It appears constantly throughout language, so much so in fact, that it is believed to be a natural part of our speech processes.

The pioneer and 20 year veteran of this field, Australian David John Oates, describes Reverse Speech as another form of human communication. He states that language is bi-level, forward and reverse. As the human brain constructs the sounds of speech, it forms those sounds in such a way that two messages are delivered simultaneously. One forwards, which is the conscious mind speaking, and the other in reverse, which is the unconscious mind speaking.
-----------------------------
Some simple examples are seen here:
http://www.reversespeech.com/Simple_Examples.htm
And a more extensive library here:
http://www.reversespeech.com/revlab.htm

Now, if we could only use this concept on the written word. Maybe it would help when we are trying to write our thoughts/opinions/comments here and others aren't understanding it. We could say, "Just read it backwards and it will all become clear!" Wink

--Marcia

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Reverse Speech
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Reverse Speech
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) "Paul is dead....Paul is dead! He's really really dead!
by EdH / August 22, 2006 8:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Reverse Speech
Collapse -
I'm bass ackwards already!
by marinetbryant / August 22, 2006 9:58 AM PDT

Think there are some folk who will not make sense in forward or reverse.

Tom

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I agree on that one:)
by Glenda / August 22, 2006 10:31 AM PDT
Collapse -
And in Reverse Speech
by MarciaB / August 22, 2006 1:53 PM PDT

your subconscious is saying, "Me, too"

LOL Grin

Collapse -
I just read my reply again!!! LOL!
by Glenda / August 23, 2006 4:00 AM PDT
In reply to: And in Reverse Speech

I meant "me too" LOL!! Thanks Marcia:)Duh!!!]:)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Maybe we could try ''sideways'' with those ones :-)
by MarciaB / August 22, 2006 1:54 PM PDT
Collapse -
Pretty deep stuff in there Marcia.
by Rolway / August 22, 2006 11:23 AM PDT

As far as making any sense forward or backwards, ask the wife. She calls me a babbling idiot whenever she can't understand me. Must be the unconscious mind spilling out the reverse speech from me. Thats a good excuse, huh. Grin

I really do not think the world is ready to hear what my unconscious mind really has to say anyway.... Nor am I Happy

George

Collapse -
The wife's always right, whether that be
by MarciaB / August 22, 2006 1:55 PM PDT

in forward, reverse, or dead silence! LOL Happy

Collapse -
Somebody has WAY too much time on their hands ...
by Bill Osler / August 22, 2006 11:42 AM PDT

I suppose if I listen real hard I can sort-of hear what they say they hear. If I really use my imagination.

I wonder what they were smoking & drinking when they came up with this idea?

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Sorta', kinda', almost, maybe? :)
by MarciaB / August 22, 2006 1:51 PM PDT
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?