General discussion

retreiving messages

Doesnt anyone have an idea as to how i can get all of myold messages back to my OE folders? I have posted this a few times and Im not getting too much response. I had to reformat my hard drive. I went to the directory that had all of my e-mail messages, DBX extensions and copied them to a CD. Now I am trying to get them back to the folder where they belong so that they will show up in my folders when I open OE6. I have copy/pasted them back to where they should be yet they arent showing up. I need help!!!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: retreiving messages
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: retreiving messages
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Have you tired importing

them into Outlook Express?

- Collapse -
Re: retreiving messages

Use the instructions from the following MSKB article:

Q270670 - "How to back up and recover Outlook Express data"

In particular, use the "Importing Outlook Express data" section's procedure.

Good Luck,

Cetin

Trying to unweave, unwind, unravel
And piece together the past and the future,

T. S. Eliot

- Collapse -
Yes

Yes I have tried importing them and that isnt working.

- Collapse -
Nicklaus, try this

Copied your old email to a folder i.e. C:\My documents\My Mail\ (copied all DBX files here)

Then open your Outlook express.
Setup your email account if you haven't done so.
Go to Tools, Option, Maintenance, click Store folder, Change the folder to where ever you put your old files.

Closed OE, then reopen it

Good Luck

- Collapse -
thanks all

I was finally able to get them back.

Thanks again

CNET Forums

Forum Info