Web Hosting, Design, & Coding forum

Resolved Question

responsive vs mobile optimized??

by shawn77371 / April 6, 2015 1:13 PM PDT

What is best? I have my team working on making my website responsive now. But i seen someplace that if your website isn't moblie friendly by X date it will start to hurt your google ranking & with technology changing every day im trying to get some insights to get the best out of my $$$

I see that about 80% of my traffic is mobile users from my FB adds.

Thanks In Advance.

shawn77371 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: responsive vs mobile optimized??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: responsive vs mobile optimized??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by shawn77371

Collapse -
Responsive is the best as compared to the mobile optimized
by Shela01 / April 7, 2015 5:33 PM PDT

A mobile optimized site is a far more advanced website. Mobile optimized means that the site will reformat itself for a list of handheld or tablet devices. Larger navigation buttons, reformatted content, and differently optimized images appear when the user is on an iPhone or other device.

Responsive design is a method of developing a site that is completely flexible with all of the device. Rather than detecting a specific browser type or device type, the website automatically orientates itself based on the screen size of the device. A combination of reformatting and re-optimizing the site as a whole give a practical flexibility beyond imagination.Responsive web designing services can help you to remain in sync with the changing technology along with offering a better user experience.

Collapse -
Thank You
by shawn77371 / April 7, 2015 9:42 PM PDT

Thanks i just didn't want to be spending money with someone telling me after i paid to have it responsive NOW you need to have it mobile optimized or you will continue to not get customers that use their phones / tablets but you will also still lose out in my google rankings.

so if i understand right i will be ok and its better to stick with them making my website Responsive.

Collapse -
Answer
Mobile Friendly Webpages
by uditsh / April 7, 2015 9:50 PM PDT

Yes i have read about this update in a post of Google Webmasters G+ page and webmaster central blog. Google will be expanding their use of mobile-friendliness as a ranking signal from 21April,15.

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.in/2015/02/finding-more-mobile-friendly-search.html

To optimize your website as mobile friendly, You need to make the design responsive for all screen resolutions and optimize the page speed for mobile device.

Read more about mobile friendly webpages:

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.in/2014/11/helping-users-find-mobile-friendly-pages.html

Collapse -
Answer
Responsive is better
by cudest / April 21, 2015 7:33 PM PDT

I prefer responsive webdesign because it is easily optimizing in mobile and tablets.So generally in large IT company to make responsive website they uses bootstrap coding and they integrate within the developing particular website.So using responsive website website navigation looks pretty and excellent UI also makes user satisfaction.Google also recommends responsive website.Using responsive it helps doing SEO on our website.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?