Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Resolution Problem

by nita0658 / February 24, 2005 9:08 PM PST

I have a HP 7965 computer. this morning the computer started having a resolution problem and it won't allow me to change the resolution. Also on the resolution page it shows a plug and play in lieu of a monitor. This computer is used mainly for computer games and internet.

I thought about reformatting the hard drive since playing the medal of honor game sometimes the pc locks up but I can't find my restore cds.

The pc is 4 years old. I need help. Any suggestions.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Resolution Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Resolution Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
but I can't find my restore cds.
by glb613 / February 24, 2005 9:18 PM PST
In reply to: Resolution Problem

Not good. Have you contacted HP to see if you can purchase a new set?

Collapse -
Resolution Problem
by nita0658 / February 24, 2005 10:49 PM PST

Turns out my problem was the SP2 pack downloaded. Removed SP2 and computer is working fine.

Collapse -
No it's not
by Yew / February 25, 2005 12:17 AM PST

SP2 should NOT ever be removed. Instead, you should update your video drivers so that there's no issue with SP2.

Figure out what's listed as your video adapter, then go to the website of the manufacturer of that adapter, download the latest drivers, and reinstall SP2. When that's done, install the new video drivers, and go on with life.

Collapse -
TRY Dis
by mandeep2632 / February 25, 2005 2:59 AM PST

According 2 me , ur video drivers are either corrupted or u deleted dem by mistake.
if u got ur motherboard CD den install video drivers from der or else download from internet.

Collapse -
need restore cd
by pllyshum / March 2, 2007 9:09 PM PST
In reply to: TRY Dis

hello,my name is polly
no dell restore the "harddrive and the mborad".and they gave me only one cd it was window xl.but they had me to restore on my pc but only on the date the i put wxl.i trying to find a "cd to restore" it the why i brought it and can you help me on a other problem when i start up me pc after the dell logo they a message.it said "auto adjust in progress".and i had no sound on my pc no i though i download the a. and v. so can you help me with these issue please. moble:E176FP,DEM.2400,I HAVE WINDOW XL DOWNLOAD ON IT.PC 3 YRS OLD

Message was edited by: admin to remove email address and phone number

Collapse -
Not sure what you are saying
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 2, 2007 9:34 PM PST
In reply to: need restore cd

There are a number of issues with your post.

1] You must never display your email address in forums like these. Malware robots trawl forums for email addresses to spam.

2] It is very unwise you post your telephone number in forums, or anywhere else on the internet.

I have asked Admin to remove both of these.

3] Because this thread started over 2 years ago, you may not get any response to your problem. People will see the age of the first post in the message listings and bypass it. It would be best to create a new discussion.

4] Your problem is not clear. for example, what does "on the date the i put wxl.i trying to find a 'cd to restore' ", mean?

Please make sure other people can understand what your problem is when they read your post.

Mark

Collapse -
Removing email and phone contacts
by Catmoves / March 3, 2007 3:36 AM PST

It doesn't seem "Administration" reads the posts in many cases. Nor does it seem likely they ever will. You gave the lady good advice though. I wonder if we could force manufacturers to give newbies a Do and Don't booklet when they buy a computer?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.