Samsung forum

General discussion

Reset Samsung UE32B6000 settings after model change

by shevaGR / February 26, 2010 3:50 AM PST

Hello
Recently I bought a Samsung UE32B6000.
By mistake i wanted to restore to the factory settings, and i changed the model type from a kind of settings.
Now the TV does not turn on.
I mean
It does turn on, shows a black screen (little more bright that when it is on standby) for about 10-15 seconds. Then it shuts down and i cannot even use the remote (when its off).
Then it boots again for 15 seconds and goes off again and again on its own.
I dont use the remote to turn it on, it just goes by itself.

I tried some key combinations to get to a menu to restore it or something but nothing works

Is there a way to restore it to factory settings or something like this?

Thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Reset Samsung UE32B6000 settings after model change
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Reset Samsung UE32B6000 settings after model change
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Reset Samsung UE32B6000 settings after model change
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 26, 2010 9:35 AM PST

shevaGR,

Did you go into the service menu?

--HDTech

Collapse -
by shevaGR / February 26, 2010 4:31 PM PST

I suppose so. I do not remember the key sequence but i think i changed the model. (from b6000 to something else)

Well it was a mistake because i did not want to change any model name or somthing... I do not remember the model type i changed to.

I have the problem described above.

Is there any way to fix it other than sending it at samsung?
And how will it cost if i send it?

Collapse -
What did you do??
by hejhep / March 25, 2010 12:05 AM PDT
In reply to: Reply

I have the same problem - Hov did you solve this problem??

Collapse -
tv fix
by kalimek / January 8, 2011 8:19 PM PST
In reply to: What did you do??

i had this same problem and i solved it by downloading firmware update to my pc and i put it on my usb pen drive, then i plugged pen drive with update to my tv. now turn on tv then remove usb memory drive, then unplug power from your tv and wait 10 seconds, re-insert usb memory then plug power back to tv and press power button on front of tv and hold it.

i hope i helped you.
sorry for my english
thanks Wink

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.