Mac Hardware forum

General discussion

Requirements for CS4 Masterworks?

by SoJerGirl / November 30, 2009 10:38 PM PST

If someone plans to eventually use/incorp. all on CS4 - which MAC is the best purchase right now? Thanks in advance!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Requirements for CS4 Masterworks?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Requirements for CS4 Masterworks?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Best machine for that version would
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 1, 2009 2:08 AM PST

be the MacPro with a load of extra RAM.

If you are only going to run one portion at a time, possibly two, then one of the new 27" iMacs would do. Add RAM here too.

P

Collapse -
MacPro
by SoJerGirl / December 1, 2009 6:43 AM PST

MacPro tower? I imagine that'd be pushing a book -Pro or not - no? Eventually would want both - but yikes - so expensive... (this CS4-- then 5 is gonna need mucho to run ...should add own extra RAM later?) Thanks...

Collapse -
As mentioned,
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 1, 2009 10:15 AM PST
In reply to: MacPro

the new iMac will also have the legs to run CS4 and will take a load of RAM as well.

Cheaper option.

P

Collapse -
imac + ram
by SoJerGirl / December 2, 2009 1:23 AM PST
In reply to: As mentioned,

does look like a good option - but wondering about second display -- do current imacs have vga ports? does wacom ciniq hook up alright? u r like the first person EVER to answer my questions - THANK YOU!! Wanna get this purchase done soon - but without remorse... .

Collapse -
imac screenglare
by SoJerGirl / December 2, 2009 1:52 AM PST
In reply to: imac + ram

issues have me apprehensive too...

Collapse -
The new iMac
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 2, 2009 2:32 AM PST
In reply to: imac + ram

has a video output, it's not a VGA connection, but one that takes an adapter that can have DVI or VGA on the end.
"Mini DisplayPort output port with support for DVI, VGA, and dual-link DVI (adapters sold separately). 27-inch models also support input from external DisplayPort sources (adapters sold separately).
Support for extended desktop and video mirroring modes
Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to a 30-inch display (2560 by 1600 pixels) on an external display
Check out the 27", gotta get it, here:
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac?mco=MTAyNTQzNjA

On the subject of the Glossy screen, under bright lights you will see some glare and reflection but, with controlled lighting and an image on the screen, the reflection is not that noticeable.
Personally, I don't have a problem with the glossy screen on my iMac.

Best place to check for the Wacom ciniq support would be Wacom themselves, but, because I'm a good egg, I took a look and it appears as though all the Cintiq tablets have OS X 10.6 drivers ready for download. Check out their driver download page here:
http://www.wacom.com/downloads/drivers.php

Good Luck

P

Collapse -
Almost forgot
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / December 2, 2009 2:33 AM PST

RAM,
Buy your extra RAM from a third party like Crucial or RAMJet.

Apple, like all the other manufactures, are very proud of their RAM and charge accordingly

P

Collapse -
Great info...
by SoJerGirl / December 2, 2009 3:40 AM PST
In reply to: Almost forgot

thanks so very much for all your help! A good egg indeed! Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?