Audio & Video Software forum

Resolved Question

Request remote Assistance Urgently-videos+photos

Hello,
Pictures and Videos saved in My Docu are not opening. Had ticked encrypt in their properties.Now while unticking encrypty am getting Access is denied message.
Real player shows access denied error.WMP shows it may not support codec used to compress file.VLC shows unrecognised format.
Have been trying for last 7 days several things such as reinstalling WMP,VLC and installing K_lite codec etc.Yet no luck.
Hence am requesting Remote Assistance to fix this problem.Please rspond asap.Thanks much for effort and time.Munaf

mdewjee has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Request remote Assistance Urgently-videos+photos
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Request remote Assistance Urgently-videos+photos
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by mdewjee

Collapse -
My Docu?

In reply to: Request remote Assistance Urgently-videos+photos

That doesn't sound like Windows, so is this some other OS? What OS are you using?

How did you tick this 'encrypt'? What is the full error message when you try to untick that option?

Mark

Collapse -
Types of errors--videos+photos-Request remote Assistance

In reply to: My Docu?

Hello,
Its win xp pro.Earlier all photos and videos were working fine.Till i think i backed up to CD-R..
By r/c sub folders My Pictures and Videos folders in MY Documents Folder ,going to properties,advance ,ticked encrypt contents to secure data. I think i had done so,before backing up to CD_R.
Now when i try to open any photo i get
error: no preview available
.When opening pics. With picture viewer get: couldnt display as suitable graphic imporer could not be found.
<b>By r/c each photo,going to properties,clicking advance,i notice a Tick next to encrypt contents to
secure data.By removing this tick,and attempting to open any photo, get this
</b>Full error message : Error occured applying attributes to file,Access to C:\docu and settings\admin.home\Acces is denied.with a yellow triangle inside it is a black exclamation mark!.

For videos-WMP gives error might not support codec used to compress file. VLC shows: unrecognised file format.
By removing encrypt tick from any video file,and openinhg it i get same Access Denied error.
Same problem on CD_R with samephotos and videos waiting to be written to it.
I have been trying many things for last 7 days to fix this problem.Am very confused and exhausted.
If you could offer Remote assistance it would be helpful.If you cant,please request someone who can.Please reply asap to my email address mdewjee@msn.com.I have Windows messenger.Thanks for effort and time.Munaf

Collapse -
A link about this.

In reply to: Types of errors--videos+photos-Request remote Assistance

Collapse -
Answer
Maybe someone is playing game with you.

In reply to: Request remote Assistance Urgently-videos+photos

If these are your file, then someone must have encrypted these files so you can't get in.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.