Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Report: Hamas met delegation of Democrats

JERUSALEM ? Hamas met with a delegation of "important Democrats" who expressed interest in relations with the Palestinian terror group even if it doesn't recognize the right of Israel to exist, a Palestinian news website claimed today.
Maannews quoted a source in the Hamas-led Palestinian Authority stating the terror group felt it important to meet with members of the Democratic Party since, the Hamas source said, the party will likely win 2008 presidential elections.

Stacie Paxton, a spokeswoman for the Democratic National Committee, told WND the party was not aware of any meeting.

Maannews is an independent Palestinian news website based in Ramallah and Bethlehem. Sources close to the website told WND the site receives some funding from the governments of Denmark and the Netherlands.

According to the report, the alleged meeting with the Democrats took place in a European country following a series of preliminary meetings with representatives from the British and French governments.

here they go selling Isreal out :(((((

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53257

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Report: Hamas met delegation of Democrats
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Report: Hamas met delegation of Democrats
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
not sure about that one mark, but.....

In reply to: Report: Hamas met delegation of Democrats

it was reported on the radio here that "someone very close to Bush" said that to prove to Iran that 'talking' is better than 'fighting', it's about time that Bush put real pressure on Israel to go back to the '67 borders (in theory, a stabilised middle east will be a good example to Iran) .....

jonah "just when i thought it was safe to come out of the shelters" jones

Collapse -
and as we saw /see

In reply to: not sure about that one mark, but.....

how well the other countries upheld there end of the bargin.
what isreal did wrong was give in Sad

Collapse -
Wildly (and widely) off topic J J, but I just found my old

In reply to: not sure about that one mark, but.....

old copy of Leo Rosten's book: The Joys of Yiddish. Oy, are you in trouble now.

Rob

Collapse -
(NT) Wonder who these Democrats supposed to be?

Collapse -
no names mentioned

In reply to: Wonder who these Democrats supposed to be?

i wonder why shame perhaps

Collapse -
(NT) Or, maybe, it never happened

In reply to: no names mentioned

Collapse -
Since the Dems have at least a 50-50 chance in the next elec

tion, I expect they're just trying to get a sense of how nuts Hamas really is, and what, short of the end of Israel will cool them down.

Regarding the Democrats selling out Israel, it aint gonna happen. Charles Shumer and thousands more Democrats won't let it happen, and shouldn't let it happen. Israel is a fact of life, and the Palestinians and everybody else in the Middle East know it. They don't like it, it doesn't stop them from agitating and trying to get as much as they can (hey, they're rug merchants, they know how to haggle) but as for driving the Israelis to the sea, they do that daily in their taxi-cabs, that's as far as it's going to go.

I'd rather see the borders stabilized with that huge bite out of Israel north of the Jerusalem corridor cut in about half, but I don't think that's going to happen either. And give back the Golan? don't make me laugh, Syria is such a sweet forgiving country, just look at the situation in the Lebanon.

Rob

Collapse -
Could be any of several (anyone know where Kerry...

has been hiding lately as this is something he has a proven track record of doing?).

Do you deny that Muslim papers and leaders were encouraging everyone to vote a Democrat ticket in the elections?

"Last month, just prior to U.S. midterm elections, WND conducted a series of exclusive interviews in which prominent Middle East terrorist leaders said they hoped Americans would sweep the Democrats into power because of the party's position on withdrawing from Iraq, a move, the terrorists explained, that would ensure victory for the worldwide Islamic resistance.

The terrorists told WND an electoral win for the Democrats would prove to them Americans are "tired." They rejected statements from some prominent Democrats in the U.S. that a withdrawal from Iraq would end the insurgency, explaining an evacuation would prove resistance works and would compel jihadists to continue fighting until America is destroyed.

They said a withdrawal would also embolden their own terror groups to enhance "resistance" against Israel.

"Of course Americans should vote Democrat," Jihad Jaara, a senior member of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades terror group and the infamous leader of the 2002 siege of Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity, told WND last month.

"This is why American Muslims will support the Democrats, because there is an atmosphere in America that encourages those who want to withdraw from Iraq. It is time that the American people support those who want to take them out of this Iraqi mud," said Jaara, speaking to WND from exile in Ireland, where he was sent as part of an internationally brokered deal that ended the church siege."

They got what they wanted.

Collapse -
WND weapon of news destruction

In reply to: Could be any of several (anyone know where Kerry...

good source. that is an opinion

Collapse -
Congratulations on your "opinion" which...

In reply to: WND weapon of news destruction

unfortunately for you has previously been voiced by others simply because they are free to say it and to lazy to check the basis of the articles.

Gosh, guess that makes it someone else's opinion you are stating again.

Too bad lad.

Collapse -
in every forum, everybody has one, daddy-o

In reply to: Congratulations on your "opinion" which...

facts = not WND. always good to hear from folks like you that believe hamas.

but hey, be pleased with yourself. over and out. h_h_h_h_h_*

*_ fr p 86

Collapse -
worldnut daily sorta 'reports'

Bethlehem - Ma'an - The political advisor of the Palestinian Prime Minister, Dr Ahmad Yousif, has confirmed the news about Hamas officials having met with high-ranking American figures, especially members of the Democratic party.
n an interview with Ma'an News, Dr Yousif stated that the meetings were fruitful in introducing the Hamas political vision, which harmonizes with other initiatives. Meetings are also ongoing throughout the Arab world, especially in Syria, with the contribution of other European figures.

Dr Yousif declared that, "other meetings will be held within the coming weeks to follow up the discussions to end the conflict."

He also stated that, "Hamas haven't closed the doors to dialogue with Europe and the world, and that the Hamas delegation had met in Ireland with members of the British House of Lords."

With regard to the unity government, Dr Yousif affirmed that Hamas insists on taking the portfolios of treasury and interior, because they consider that they were elected to deal with the corruption in these ministries. He stated that President Mahmoud Abbas had suggested a name for the treasury who is, "neither unbiased nor transparent."

Dr Yousif also warned that any alternatives to the unity government, such as a referendum or dismissal of the Hamas-led government would, "have more negative consequences on the Palestinian arena than the complications over forming a unity government."

The Hamas minister renewed his party's rejection of a government which complies with the American or the Israeli dictates and assured that the current government is capable of, "steering the ship", especially if it is enhanced by ministers from other parties, such as the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palsetine and Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine, who have shown a will to enter the government.

In response to a question about the Prime Minister's tour of the Arab and Islamic capitals, Dr Yousif said that, "although the tour is somewhat late, it is very fruitful, since Qatar have offered monthly payments to cover complete sectors of employees, such as health and education, while Iran offered to pay $40 million per month."

On Thursday, the US Consulate in Jerusalem denied that any US governmental officials had met Hamas officials. In a statement, the consulate said: ?According to a Western diplomat, reports about American Democrats meeting with Hamas? officials are completely false.?

http://www.maannews.net/en/index.php?opr=ShowDetails&ID=17895

and this is not on my 'bookmarks' list, but when I see the words:

"claimed", "quoted a source", "Sources", "alleged meeting", "took place in a European country", "The official said he could neither confirm nor deny whether Hamas held any meetings with Democrats"

and OMIT "the US Consulate in Jerusalem denied that any US governmental officials had met Hamas officials" plus "the consulate said: ?According to a Western diplomat, reports about American Democrats meeting with Hamas? officials are completely false."

less than accurate reportage from WND(weapon of news destruction) I think this 'news' was supposed to be released before nov 7 elections along with the 'survey says: 9 out of 10 terrorists want the dems to win" garbiage.

Collapse -
(NT) of course the denied

In reply to: worldnut daily sorta 'reports'

Collapse -
(NT) beause it never happened, do you believe hamas instead?

In reply to: of course the denied

Collapse -
the UN does and you

In reply to: beause it never happened, do you believe hamas instead?

seem to believe in that outfit

and i don't trust the democrats there cut and run says it all they sold out the USA why not Israel?

Collapse -
now you are spouting 'make believe'

In reply to: the UN does and you

it is a common malady after accepting WND(weapon of news destruction) as a valid source. I have never supported hamas and see that this was propaganda from hamas. I know you realize how easy it is to fool people; sometimes their dreams do not come true.

Collapse -
I'm one of those some consider a nut...

...... who thinks that talking with our enemies is wise.

We talked with the USSR during all of the years of the Cold War. I realize we have no sure way to know that helped to prevent a nuclear war, but it didn't start one, either. (Those were very scary years!)

I have heard some reports that Hamas is losing some of it's appeal with those that put them in power. IMO, until there is a government there in power that is willing to consider sensible approaches, Israel will continue to live under threat.

Angeline
Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email
semods4@yahoo.com

Collapse -
i agree

In reply to: I'm one of those some consider a nut...

hammas are like roaches need exterminateing

Collapse -
(NT) i means the non peacefull ones

In reply to: i agree

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.