TVs & Home Theaters forum

Question

Replacing bad T-CON board on LN46a630m1FXZA

The color is off on my Samsung LCD TV (model LN46a630m1FXZA). Contrast, brightness, and clarity all seem to be off. It was fine one day and the next it was off. I've tried adjusting all the settings but still can't get it looking good. From the things I've read online and watched on YouTube I think it may be a bad Timing Control (T-CON) board. I removed the back of the TV to reseat all the cables and see how easy it is to remove/replace the T-CON board. There are no screws holding the board in place. It seems to be glued down (double-sided tape?). I was hesitant to pull on it too hard and if I do get it off I'm not sure I'll be able to get the replacement board to stick in place. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Replacing bad T-CON board on LN46a630m1FXZA
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Replacing bad T-CON board on LN46a630m1FXZA
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Time for a service manual.

In reply to: Replacing bad T-CON board on LN46a630m1FXZA

See if the service manual is up at samsungparts.com or if shopjimmy.com will answer.

Collapse -
Thanks, but...

In reply to: Time for a service manual.

Unfortunately, Shopjimmy.com says they aren't answering technical questions at this time. I was however able to find the Service Manual for sale at samsungparts.com for $12. I submitted a question over at fixya.com also. If I don't get an answer there I'll go ahead with getting the service manual.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.