Attention: The forums will be placed on read only mode this Saturday (Oct. 20, 2018)

During this outage (6:30 AM to 8 PM PDT) the forums will be placed on read only mode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Click here to read details

Samsung forum

General discussion

Replacement bezel for ln40a540 tv

by Jackwimmer / July 1, 2009 12:38 PM PDT

hey guys, the bezel of my ln40 is damaged and called a few places today for a replacement, its been a pain trying to figure out what to do
i was just curious how many hours i should expect a shop to take to do this, cause im getting some outrageous prices in some places and "its very easy to do" in others
also, how much does it cost to get a replacement bezel? it seems rather difficult compared to sony's tv's that have tons of bezel replacements
thanks in advance...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Replacement bezel for ln40a540 tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Replacement bezel for ln40a540 tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 1, 2009 3:55 PM PDT

Jackwimmer,

Have you tried to find the part on Samsungparts.com? It's an option maybe worth mentioning. I just can't speak for individual service centers and each one schedules jobs differently.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by Jackwimmer / July 1, 2009 5:36 PM PDT

hey there, thanks for the prompt reply
i kinda messed up the model number as this post was rather prompt, it was actually an ln40a530 model
i tried that website earlier and found it kind of buggy, but i tried it again and i found the front bezel that i needed! its a lot less than what i quoted for even after shipping
now i just gotta find a place that samsung would recommend to install it for me....
all i gotta figure out now is how long the job is supposed to take, i wanted to ask samsung but it was a holiday in canada today so i have to wait till tmrw

Collapse -
Less than an hour
by clicq / July 2, 2009 1:53 AM PDT

I had the bezel replaced on my 46A550 TV, and the technician (who obviously knew what he was doing) replaced it in under an hour in my house. I think if the TV was in a shop with a big area to work with and an assistant that it could be done in half an hour.

From what I saw, it basically takes removing the TV from the stand, removing all the screws from the back, removing the back cover, disconnecting a few cables inside the TV, and lifting the panel assembly from the bezel... and then putting it back together.

Collapse -
by Jackwimmer / July 2, 2009 3:27 AM PDT
In reply to: Less than an hour

oh really?
sweet i guess ill call samsung and see if they can send out a technician somehow?

Collapse -
Replacement bezel for ln40a540
by Jackwimmer / July 2, 2009 6:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Less than an hour
Collapse -
Replacement bezel for ln40a540
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 2, 2009 10:09 AM PDT

Jackwimmer,

Thanks for the kind words.

Hopefully once the bezel is replaced, your television experience will be a positive one from here on out.

Keep us posted!

--HDTech

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!