General discussion

Repairing Windows xp blue screen help

Hello. I am trying to repair my old xp which has bluescreen. I am lucky enough to have my windows xp installation disk. Problem is i cant get the computer to want to boot from the cd drive. I have 3 options: 1st floppy disk, sm-hewlett-pack and pm-samsung sv04.please help

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Repairing Windows xp blue screen help
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Repairing Windows xp blue screen help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
The same problem

I also encountered the same questions.Look forward to solutions.Thanks ahead!

- Collapse -
In your other post

here;
http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6142_102-0.html?messageID=3287292#3287292
you say you can access the BIOS, so you are almost there.

All you need to do is enter the Boot order section and move your CD drive to the top of the list. Exit and Save then insert the CD and reboot.

By the way I will lock your other post as it seems a duplicate of this.

Mark

CNET Forums

Forum Info