General discussion

Removing Window's Vista and installing windows XP?

I got a new computer installed with windows Vista, and would like to remove windows vista completely. I hope that someone can instruct me on what to do, as I'm not a computer wiz and don't know what I am doing.

I would like to replace is with windows XP. I anyone could help, please do and maybe make it idiot proof or I won't understand. Thanks

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Removing Window's Vista and installing windows XP?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Removing Window's Vista and installing windows XP?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Asked and answered

This has been asked and answered countless times, so use your search engine of choice to find one or more of them.

Just understand that it's not always possible to do. Sometimes no XP drivers exist for a system, and at that point it's game over.

What exactly are the problems you're having with Vista that you think XP will solve? I find a lot of people actually have no issues with Vista, except that they "heard" it was bad.

- Collapse -
My Start menu!

my start menu (the area that is black on the bottem) keeps disapearing. I've done everything to the point of updating my computer, searching around and have done every solution I can think of. So, I became fed up with vista.

- Collapse -
Have you checked

Have you checked to make sure that taskbar auto-hiding wasn't enabled? Done the usual virus and malware sweeps?

And what makes you think that XP won't be the same? Seriously. How do you know that XP is the magic cure for this problem?

I'm just trying to make you think this through completely. A lot of people get sold on this idea that XP is the greatest OS ever, and nothing ever goes wrong with it, blah blah blah. It's all a load of crap. Vista has it's issues, but so does XP, and every other version of every operating system ever made. It would be unwise to get into the mindset that any one will be the magic panacea.

CNET Forums

Forum Info