General discussion

Removing Partitions from Windows 2000 PC

I recently purchased a second hand computer from a jumble sale.
It is a pentium MMX cpu @233
64mb of Ram
HDD = 3.26Gb with 2gb on C drive and 1.26gb on e:
All on Windows 2000 5.0 sp 1

As the C drive is down to just 220mb free space, and that there is nothing on e:, I thought that I could remove the partition and move the free space onto the c drive.

How can I do this?

I have already removed the partition via MMC, but can't find a way in increasing the c drive. Any Clues?

I have done as much clean up as possible. There are no tmp files, cookies etc and the recycle bin is empty.

Note, as I bought this at a jumble sale, I do not have any disks

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Removing Partitions from Windows 2000 PC
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Removing Partitions from Windows 2000 PC
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Partition resizing is not a feature of Windows 2000.

That's a trick for PARTITION MAGIC.

Since it's a new machine, I would wipe it out and start over.

Bob

- Collapse -
Wipe out is not an option.

Thanks Bob for your reply, but unfortunately, Wipe out is not an option at present, as I do not have any disks for this machine.

I know it is not a good position to be in.

- Collapse -
Sorry. I have to lock this thread.

There is no help for casual piracy of Windows.

Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info