Question

Removing Guest User from Login screen in Mountain Lion 10.8

Can someone explain to me how to remove the Guest user account from showing at the login screen. I have been searching for a solution but I cannot find any of Lion OSx 10.8. I have just purchased a MacBookPro.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Removing Guest User from Login screen in Mountain Lion 10.8
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Removing Guest User from Login screen in Mountain Lion 10.8
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Go to System Preferences

and select the Guest User account in the Left pane.
You may have to unlock the pane to make changes. Use your regular username and password to do this.

Once the Guest User account is selected, remove the checkmark from the "Allow guests to log in to this computer"
in the Right hand pane.
Remove the checkmark, if present, from the "Allow guests to connect to shared folders"

Lock the pane and you are done

P

- Collapse -
The guest user account still shows up at login screen

Unfortunately this solution did not resolve the problem. Been looking on a number of forums but none have been helpful. There is no tick in the iCloud account to use the \guest user account for tracking purposes, any other suggestions please

- Collapse -
What iCloud account?

there shouldn't be an iCloud account in the Users & Groups preference pane

Just your name and the name of anyone else you have created an account for

P

CNET Forums