Please read "How to remove SpywareRemover 2009 (Uninstall Instructions)", where it suggests scanning and removing it with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here or here.
Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform Quick Scan, then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish, so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart (see Extra Note below).
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.
MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Temporarily disable these programs or permit them to allow the changes.
It might also help to scan with:
SUPERAntiSpyware FREE Editon to make sure you're completely clean:
? Load SUPERAntiSpyware and click the Check for Updates button.
? Once the update has finished, exit SUPERAntiSpyware. Please do NOT run a scan yet!
? Open SUPERAntiSpyware and click the Scan your Computer button.
? On the right, tick Perform Complete Scan and then click Next below.
? SUPERAntiSpyware will scan your computer and when it?s finished it will list all the infections it has found.
? Make sure that they all have a check next to them, and then click Next.
? Click Finish and you will be taken back to the main interface.
? If asked to reboot please do so, in order to delete any necessary files.
IMPORTANT: Do NOT open any other windows or programs while SUPERAntiSpyware is scanning
If you have any problems installing and running either software, please post back and you'll get the help you need.
Best of luck..
I inadvertently downloaded a rogue programme that is baically a virus.
Called SpyWareRemover2009 it has pop-ups every minute.
Please give me a step by step guide on how to remove this problem.
Toshiba Equium Vista