Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Removed by mistake

by Duskie Johnson / September 15, 2006 2:30 PM PDT

I removed WINDOWS PICTURES AND FAX VIEWER by mistake from my computer that came in with DELL, I was wondering if I can retrieved it? If not, then how would I downloaded one?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Removed by mistake
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Removed by mistake
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Don't know if this will help but....
by kwkid / September 15, 2006 2:46 PM PDT
In reply to: Removed by mistake

1. Click Start
2. Click Run
3. In the textbox type: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
4. Click OK

You may need to restart to see if it worked. Since I'm not sure of how you removed it, we may need more details to provide a solution if this doesn't work.

Collapse -
Remove by mistake by Duskie Johnson
by Duskie Johnson / September 16, 2006 12:29 PM PDT

Thanks a BUNCH!!!! I'm deaf and your answer made it so very simple and very understanding to the point! Made my night! Wow! Thank you sir, have a great weekend! God bless!

Collapse -
You are most welcome
by kwkid / September 16, 2006 3:19 PM PDT

Duskie,

Great, I'm really glad you were able to get it fixed.

Best Regards,
kwkid

Collapse -
Read The Previous Post........................
by Trance_Zac / September 16, 2006 7:55 PM PDT
In reply to: You are most welcome

Why are there 4 more posts after the problem was resolved??

Answer - Because just as I asked in a prior post, Why doesn't everyone ( Including Moderators) read the whole thread before jumping to Reply to the Initial Post???

Answer Again - Everyone has to be a BIG SHOT!!!!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Is it in the Recycle Bin? It can be restored if it is.
by DarCLew2 / September 15, 2006 2:52 PM PDT
Collapse -
These are apps. ...
by Papa Echo / September 15, 2006 3:01 PM PDT

...try System Restore.

Collapse -
System Restore or Repair XP
by banshdharm / September 15, 2006 4:27 PM PDT

Find out if you have a restore point prior to removal of Windows Pic and Fax Viewer. If one is available then System Restore is a better option. Otherwise repair the XP installation with the help of your installation CD.

Collapse -
Link on how to fix this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 15, 2006 11:00 PM PDT

Besides the regsvr command, read...

http://ask-leo.com/what_if_i_want_windows_picture_and_fax_viewer.html

Collapse -
It's been fixed Bob............
by Trance_Zac / September 16, 2006 8:01 PM PDT

Try reading the entire thread, including my comment on ridiculous answers to problems already solveded

No hard feelings - just making a point

Been on a lot of forums, but none so disorganized that even the Moderators can't keep track of what's going on!

Collapse -
This forum is mainly...
by Papa Echo / September 16, 2006 10:53 PM PDT

... for "discussion", rather than a "technical questions/solutions - how to - " site. What are offered are alternatives and additional solutions that may work. Discussions. Bob was just offering additional information that may help others. You are welcome to challenge that such and such alternatives won't work.

Collapse -
Look at the time stamps on the replies.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 17, 2006 12:16 AM PDT

My reply is just one of the many ideas on how to approach the repair. And was hours before the OP replied they fixed it.

If you must comment like this, please check the reply times and consider that offering many options is a good thing. It gives us more than one way to fix the issue.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GIVEAWAY

We are giving away 'Black Panther' swag!

Four lucky readers will be taking home *Marvel*ous "Black Panther" prizes, including magazines autographed by the King of Wakanda himself! Giveaway ends Feb. 25, 2018.