Question

remove twitter from computer

when i try to return to previous page on computer, other unsolicited pages are listed before my original page. There are two versions: one refers to twitter (I have no account) and the other refers to meebo. How do I get this to stop happening. With the meebo pages the list is so long that I have to reenter the original website and start again. This is so irritating. Please help

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: remove twitter from computer
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: remove twitter from computer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Have you tried ...

removing them using the Control Panel's Add/Remove programs applet?

Meebo organizes the web around people to make it simple to find & share things online. Google acquired Meebo Messenger and it is part of Google Plus so you may want to look into settings there if you added it.

- Collapse -
twitter and meebo

nothing related to twitter/meebo is listed in add/remove programs. I discovered this happens when I am navigating around Huffington Post. I've sent them an email asking for help also

- Collapse -
Re: meebo and twitter

Usually. the easy fix is to switch to another browser (choose from Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome).
After some time, it might turn out you installed this kind of add-ons or malware in all three. Then switching to a new Windows accounts means a new start.

Two alternatives that might work:
- find out how manage add-ons in the browser you're using and see if you can remove/disable these ones
- run a malware cleaner (like MBAM - Malwarebytes' Anti Malware, or SAS - SuperAntiSpyware) and see if that has that software on its removal list.

Kees

- Collapse -
meebo and twitter

Sorry for the delay in responding to your much appreciated help. Before I had a chance to try each of the steps you suggested, my problem fixed itself! It's hard to believe after it went on so long, but just hearing from you appears to have scared it into stopping.
Thanks again for your quick response.
Nicki

CNET Forums