Windows Vista forum

General discussion

Remove Roxio .Inc Driver Causing Compatibility Issues

by vibeman / December 2, 2008 10:21 PM PST

Windows Vista Home Premium. Lenovo 3000K Series computer.
I am getting a message when I start up that a Driver : Direct CD is being blocked/disabled and could cause compatibility issues. How this got onto the computer I don't know however please assist me.
I want to know where to look for the driver and how to remove it.
Thanks. This service is really great.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Remove Roxio .Inc Driver Causing Compatibility Issues
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Remove Roxio .Inc Driver Causing Compatibility Issues
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
A Roxio Patch Should Fix It..
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / December 3, 2008 2:55 AM PST

The problem has come up before and was discussed in the link below. The Roxio/Sonice "Drag to Disc" (DirectCD) is incompatible.:

Generally, installing the patch from the link below gets it done.:

or possibly...uninstalling the old "Drag to Disc" and installing the New version patch from the Dell site below should fix the issue:

Collapse -
by zmatt / December 3, 2008 3:38 PM PST
Collapse -
solution to remove the roxio message and program
by aaron-elvis / December 2, 2009 4:45 AM PST

if you like to remove the programm thats irritating your mood , than follow these staps !!!!!!!!!

1,go to your program add and remove software from your computer
2, look for the program UDf Reader
3, and kick it of your list to the bin
4, restart your computer
5, look happy !!!!!!
6, NEVER INSTAL A PROGRAM that coms from another version windows than that you use !!!!!! for example windows 95 whith vista

Collapse -
Roxio Driver
by boda777 / December 17, 2010 10:53 AM PST

Thank you for this information, it worked on my PC with Vista Home. I tryed to run a CD with old Information from a Windows ME CD and this compatable issue came up and would not go away. I read a lot of information on this subject with no solution.

Thanks again.

Collapse -
lady in need
by elizabethmann / January 1, 2011 2:15 AM PST

This is what is going on with mine please help. Thank You

Collapse -
(NT) Please Read ALL The Other Posts In This Thread
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / January 3, 2011 5:30 AM PST
In reply to: lady in need
Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?