Question

Remove from Watchlist

I have a piece of software on my download.com watchlist that I would no longer like to receive e-mail updates about. How do I remove it from the list? There doesn't seem to be an obvious option.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Remove from Watchlist
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Remove from Watchlist
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
This option is temporarily unavailable.

The functionality to add and remove individual items from your Download.com Watchlist has been temporarily disabled. We will be adding it back in future, and we hope to do that soon, but unfortunately, we do not have an ETA at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience in the meanwhile, and appreciate your patience.

Regards,
Jen
Download.com Support

- Collapse -
Any idea when?

It's been two months since you answered this question.

I just now went to remove a product that updates about weekly. I really don't need to know about it that often, since it offers to update itself from within the program.

Drake

- Collapse -
Answer
Old page avaliable

Not sure if you managed to find a solution but I couldn't find an obvious solution just now. I found this page which I assume is an old one lets you do it though:

http://download.cnet.com/3656-4_4-0.html

- Collapse -
Thank you.

Not sure why an official couldn't have posted that link. It worked. It was infuriating that I'd never once added an item to my watchlist, but programs I'd downloaded years ago were suddenly informing me of their updates. I've had two new computers since then (and new versions of Windows even) that didn't require those programs. Some of them, I'd only downloaded and tried for a day.

Regardless, I've cleaned my watchlist now, thanks to your link. Much obliged.

- Collapse -
Looks like Download.com is currently unmanaged

I have this problem also. Looks like CNET can not afford to solve such a small problem.

freeworship, thanks for your link. Finally I can remove unwanted items from watchlist.

- Collapse -
Status update

We are actively working on fixing this issue, as time and resources permit, but we realize it is taking longer than expected, and we do apologize for any inconvenience in the meanwhile.

We were not previously making the http://download.cnet.com/3656-4_4-0.html link public because it leads to an older page type that was part of a previous site design (which is why it looks a bit badly formatted). However, it does seem to still work, so it may be used in the interim until we add the normal "remove" functionality back to the current Watchlist (which, unlike the work-around link, will be accessed directly from your user profile).

Regards,
Jen
Download.com Support

- Collapse -
Actively like time dilation in a black hole

@DownloadSupport: This kind of functionality can be implemented in less than an hour. I guess you are not really interested in implementing this function (or fix any other of the many bugs and problems on cnet.com). "as time and resources permit"... More than a month later you still didn't implemented it.

- Collapse -
removing items from the download watchlist

The link took me to a page that seems to have worked; I guess only time will tell it mky changes "stick".

Thanks!

CNET Forums