Networking & Wireless forum

General discussion

Remotely

Hi can someone tell me if I let my friend across the street share me broadband connection if he is having a problem with windows can I look on his computer remotely and see if I can see what?s wrong with it

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Remotely
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Remotely
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Why not walk over there?

In reply to: Remotely

Collapse -
to lazy

In reply to: Why not walk over there?

Because most of the time when working on most of my friends computer it?s at my house. Was wondering why not try to fix it remotely he is on one end an I?m on the other end. I live in the country when I say across the street I mean not walking distance across the street.

Collapse -
That's a good clue that...

In reply to: to lazy

The distance is too far for the wifi to work proper.

Collapse -
printer

In reply to: That's a good clue that...

ok thanks one more question please I have three computers in my house on my router how to I make the other two computer use my printer without me going to buy the other two a printer each I would like to share one printer thanks for your help

Collapse -
There are printer servers out there.

In reply to: printer

You can share your printer from Windows (but I won't detail how because such is on the internet.) I like printer servers but there are many to choose from.

Some like Network Magic (see google) since it makes the sharing setup nearly painless.
Bob

Collapse -
LogMeIn

In reply to: Why not walk over there?

Hi,
The most simple way to do this is to go to www.logmein.com

First on your computer go to logmein.com and create a username and download "logmein free", after you did this on your pc, go to your friend's pc and visit the site again and login under your the same username, you will be taken to "My Computers" On this screen on your right it says Add Computer. Click this and install the program. Now go back to your pc and sign in again to logmein, now under My Computers you should see your friends pc, click on it. After you are connected you should see Remote Control on teh left side, click on it and you should be able to see your friends desktop, you can control the whole pc from this program.
Good Luck, and hope this helps!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

DEALS, DEALS, DEALS!

Best Black Friday Deals

CNET editors are busy culling the list and highlighting what we think are the best deals out there this holiday season.