General discussion

Remote login software

I would like to be offsite and be able to access my computer back at work and also have my laptop to act as like im actually sitting on the network at work.

What is the best software for me to be able to be offsite back be able to login to my network as if i was actually at the office?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Remote login software
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Remote login software
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Re: remote login software

Probably you can't do this without the cooperation of your IT-staff. They will have to open ports on the firewall or install vpn-software or whatever security measures they think necessary.
So let them determine the software to be used also.

The best way, by the way, is to not use any local software. If all your applications are webbased (like Gmail, Google docs and Salesforce.com) there's no difference at all between working here or working there. Just log in from whereever you happen to be.

Kees

- Collapse -
The best would be

The best would be what your IT staff installs and helps you maintain. Laptops usually are poor choices for 24x7 operation as a server but your IT staffer can make this happen and that would be the best solution.
Bob

CNET Forums

Forum Info