Samsung forum

General discussion

Remote control code to control the volume of my HT-BD1250

by beacharlie / November 1, 2009 9:55 AM PST

I would like to control the volume of my new Samsung HT-BD1250 using my cable box remote control. I tried all the codes listed in the manual but none of them worked. My cable box is Scientific atlanta explorer 8300HD.

My connections are:
HD-DVR to TV via HDMI
HD-DVR to BD1250 via optical cable into the (D.IN 1)
BD1250 to TV via HDMI

Thank you for your help

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Remote control code to control the volume of my HT-BD1250
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Remote control code to control the volume of my HT-BD1250
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Remote control code to control the volume of my HT-BD1250
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 1, 2009 2:43 PM PST

beacharlie,

The universal remotes that come with many cable boxes don't always work with every device, even from common manufacturers. However, if there are updated code lists, you might try your cable/sat company to see if they have any additional information. I wish I could help further, but it's their remote, and we can't control which codes they have.

--HDTech

Collapse -
SAME WITH COMCAST
by thejerryguy / November 2, 2009 9:43 AM PST

I was told by Comcast that some one at Samsung should know the 5 digit code that the SAMSUNG HT-BD1250 REMOTE needs for different functions. i just want to control power on/off???

jerry

Collapse -
Cable box remote codes
by nutpalace / December 27, 2009 12:22 PM PST
In reply to: SAME WITH COMCAST

Similar issue on this thread working with a Scientific America Remote/Cablevision. Is there a remote code I can enter into the Cablevision remote to operator the BD1250 on/off and volume? Conversely, is there a code I can enter into the Samsung remote to control the cable on/off channel up/down?

Thanks.

Collapse -
SAME WITH COMCAST
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 30, 2009 3:48 PM PST
Collapse -
Comcast DVR remote with HT-BD1250
by brassil / March 16, 2010 11:56 PM PDT

I just bought the UNB8500 and HT-BD1250 and have the same issue with the home theater remote. The TV programmed fine, but I have had no luck with the remote, even using the 991 Search method. If the correct code is not currently registered with the remote, surely someone at Samsung can help make this happen - we're talking about the largest cable provider in the US, there should be *some* motivation to make this particular combination work, especially considering the BD1250 package has been out for awhile.

Samsung, help us!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?